AnsweredAssumed Answered

Black screen with Windows 10 R9 280 crossfire and separate PC with 5750

Question asked by fatalexception4010 on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 21, 2016 by amdmatt

i have a weird black scree issue at Windows login with the later Amd driver releases, older releases work fine but the majority of the newer hot fix drivers dont't work.

I discovered this problem a while back when my PC auto updated the drivers and then failed to boot. After reinstalling Windows a few times I discovered it was the display driver on my R9 280's. Weirdly if I remove the display port cable and plug it back in the screen comes on at login???

At first I thought it was a failing card or motherboard or something but this behaviour was duplicated on my living room PC which has a 5750 which updated its drivers and then failed to boot with a black screen???

on my main PC I have tried disabling ULPS but it makes no difference. It just seems as though all later amd drivers are broken.

does anyone have a work around for this? This is the first time I have posted here but AMD's inability to release timely driver updates that actually work are frustrating the life out of me. I don't spend hundreds of pounds to just hunt around for solutions to driver bugs. I want to use my PC.  At this rate all my AMD cards will be sent to the same place as my creative x-fi cards and replaced with someone elses product.

Outcomes