2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2016 9:55 AM by wesleyg1

Problem with AMD Switchable Graphics

schrodinger

Hello! I have a Lenovo G505 laptop with AMD switchable graphics. I have 2 video cards: AMD Radeon HD 8400 (integrated?), And AMD Radeon R5 M230. In Ubuntu 16.04 I have a very poor performance in games (a lot less than in Windows). I think this is due to the fact that the games run on integrated graphics card. Is there a way to force the game to run on the discrete graphics card? I use the proprietary AMD drivers.

• Re: Problem with AMD Switchable Graphics
          amdmatt

Ubuntu 16.04 is not a supported distribution, so our drivers may not work as intended.

Have you added the application to additional settings and set it to run in High Performance mode? If you enable the switchable graphics application monitor, which will tell you which GPU is being used in which application.

• Re: Problem with AMD Switchable Graphics
            wesleyg1

Actually whatever performance your getting that is going to be it , if you follow Matt's advice you will see that even if you set an application to High Performance the system will never use the discrete card it will only use the APU or primary card. Cause every application will say Power Saving except those that actually have a working crossfire Profile!