6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2017 4:03 AM by yurtesen

Problems with AMD A10-8700p

ericcin12

I have an HP Pavilion - 15-ab114la (AMD A10-8700p RADEON R6 (integrated) + RADEON R7 M360 (dedicated)). The problem is that everytime my screen goes to black for a fre seconds and the i receive this error message: Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered fix. I tried to install Crimson 15.12 & Crimson 16.2.1 drivers but the issue still occurring with those drivers.

Untitled.png

It occurs most after Windows 10 x64 boot-up or sometimes when i play a 4k YouTube video or play Directx12 videogames. A exception of that, the drivers are working properly.

• Re: Problems with AMD A10-8700p
          amdmatt

The next WHQL driver will contain a driver update for your APU, hopefully that will resolve your issue. In the meantime, please try disabling hardware acceleration in your web browser and try the steps below.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.

5. The latest compatible drivers for your APU can be found here. I would recommend trying an alternative version in the meantime.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
            kingfish

You may be using incorrect drivers.

To find the correct drivers for your mobile APU go to this page and fill out the manual search like below...select your OS.

Screenshot_1.png

yurtesen

I have 15-ab114no model (with A10-8700P + R7 M360) and I tried both the settings at download page you mention and auto detection tool (with WIN10 64bit). It selects Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 and installs 22.19.662.4 version of the driver.

Now the problem is that it ends up with following error and exclamation mark in device manager for both GPUs

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I figure this driver version does not support this APU but is it so? and if so why the menu and selection tool selects this version of the driver?

UPDATE:

Nevermind, I found out that enablying legacy support in bios settings (it is in the most right menu) fixes the issue. Found the solution here actually R7 M360 driver update issue

1 of 1 people found this helpful