AMD FX8350 BLACK EDITION

NZXT KRAKEN liquid cooler

XFX PRO850 PSU

XFX R9 270x DD BLACK EDITION (x2)

KINGSTON 120gb SSD           (os)

RAPTOR 500gb 10000rpm        (games)

WD 500gb                     (storage)

IN WIN case

16.6.1  FINALLY installed on windows 10x64. as of now, zero problems in-game (quite the opposite actually). simply cannot beleive im getting 60fps/MAX settings  in ALOT of games: dark souls 3, witcher 3, etc. You guys got it right with this driver. THANK YOU!!

ONLY problem ive come across is that XFIRE-x does work..AS LONG AS THE GLOBAL SETTING for XFire is enabled. However, the global setting is auto-disabled when exiting ANY game (that i have of course) and also for computer retarts. not a biggie..just putttin it out there.

again, thanks for this one guys. keep it up!

• Re: global crossfirex disables after exiting game 16.6.1
          amdmatt

Thanks for the feedback, glad the driver is working well for you.

About CrossFire being disabled when exiting a game, perhaps a clean installation of the drivers might fix that. Please try the steps below to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.6.1 drivers once the above is completed.

strykyn

thank you for the reply. as part of my windows " fresh-install "  protocols, ALL of your suggestions are ALWAYS implemented.

when things go arwy..i retry..almost funny...i start again, and actually use the above steps..in the same order you gave me!!

after my nightmare transition to win 10x64 (almost 15 hour ordeal)...one step was missed.

by the MICROSOFT update service.

it would seem after all the updates they pushed me, a huge one come thru yesterday. a whopping 30 hours after succesful install.

this update "seems" to have fixed the problem, as i hadnt touched the pc yesterday (was at work). when i came home to the "must restart comp for final update install" message nagging me, and the update final installed, im xtatic to say...WOW!!!

all is fine n dandy here. global xfire STAYS TURNED ON after exiting games, after restarts, and complete shutdowns...as well as profile-activated xfire in-game. yep..even the xfire in-game logo..if i so choose.

thank you AGAIN for your response, which also confirmed my methods of performing such tasks are...well....on par with yours.

off topic..n yes..a little "booty-smooching" here..i suppose:

ive never really experienced ALOT of the issues others have. my setup seems to always to perform above-normal..running games at max or VERY close to..in the high 40's to high 50's range...even tho i have the older (yet obviuosy bitchin) xfx dd 29 290x's x2. yet this driver 16.6.1 and win 10 have given me what i never dreamed of:

SOLID 60 FPS/MAX SETTINGS/with HEAVY RESHADE mods in play.

looks like you guys are really startn to pull ahead of the green team. glad i didnt jump ship!!

strykyn

after a win 10 update ( i get them 1 a day it seems while at work)...

..the 16.6.1. driver is no better than the last, to be honest..worse in MANY ways.

FPS in dark souls 3 dropped from a constant 56-60 fps..WITH mods...to 30'ish (if i stare at the sky) 40-42.

40'ish-low 50's NO mods (vanilla game).

most settings to achieve THESE FPS is now HIGH-MEDIUM..not the MAX i was enjoying earlier in the week.

this is xfire enabled.

xfire disabled..single gpu..mid to high 50's.

flickering is near constant.

frame drops in the 10-25% range are rampant, almost steady, by no means predictable.

coincedence that after the microsoft update, AMD driver description NOW no has NO MENTION of dark souls 3 preset?

reverting back to win 7 as i type, at least frames for the games i play are steady somewhat.

willl update as usual, and attempt a 16.6.1 install, but not much hope of improvement from this driver, as i was getting better performance from the previous driver, utilizing only 1 gpu.

the 16.6.1 driver with xfire enabled now acts exactly like the previous driver, xfire enabled using the 1x optimized preset.

keep you guys posted

strykyn

not what you guys wanted to hear....but i take back my "Correct Answer" billing.

the ONLY correct answer, at least for MY rig..is to roll back to windows 7.

the 16.6.1 driver works MUCH better, although the xfire preset is really useless for me. MUCH better overall performance ALL around with a single GPU.

even after testing the driver w/xfire on windows 7, its still acts EXACTLY like the 1xOptimized preset.

For now at least..Windows 7 all the way.

2 thumbs up for the driver...it does perform better than the previous...but...

2 thumbs down for the dark souls 3 xfire preset.