2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2016 4:10 PM by guildon

vulkaninfo shows missing extensions, do I need the Beta driver?

guildon

Hi guys.

I upgraded my graphics driver a little while ago, and found out about Vulkan.  Since I'm a programmer, I'd like to have a go developing with it, but vulkaninfo shows missing extensions, and none of the SDK demos run.

When I run vulkaninfo (from the Vulkan 1.0.3.1 folder), I get this:

Vulkan API Version: 1.0.3

Cannot find extension: VK_KHR_surface

C:\(etc...)\vulcaninfo.c:672: failed with VK_ERROR_EXTENSION_NOT_PRESENT

That's all that the prompt shows.

VulkanRT definitely installed properly with the driver (I've even completely reinstalled the driver to check - the logs show no errors and shows a successful VulkanRT install).

I've noticed there's a Beta driver available specifically for Vulkan, but the release notes for my current driver suggest that it already supports Vulkan.  So, do I need to install the beta driver, or is there something else I'm missing?

System Info:

Graphics Card: Radeon HD 7850

Radeon Software Version Crimson 16.3.2

Driver version 16.15.2211

Windows 7 64bit Pro.

Further info:

I have two versions of Vulkan RT installed: 1.0.3.1 (from the driver install) and 1.0.13.0 (from the SDK install).

Running the vulkaninfo program that came with the SDK provides a longer list and suggests there's more extensions present, but ends with a similar message:

C:\(etc...)\vulcaninfo.c:511: failed with VK_ERROR_EXTENSION_NOT_PRESENT

Running any of the SDK Demos (downloaded from the Khronos Group website) produces the following error:

vkCreateInstanceFailure

vkEnumerateInstanceExceptionProperties failed to find the VK_KHR_surface extension.

Do you have a compatible Vulkan installable client driver (ICD) installed?

Thanks for anyone who can help me with this.  If you need any more info, I'll try to help where I can.