1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 12, 2016 5:17 AM by goodplay

2 separate GPUs vs 2 GPUs on CrossFire

manix

I am having a bit of problem deciding how to improve my PC Video performance. Here is my PC Spec:

i7 3770, 2x Kingston Hyper X 8 GB RAM 1600Mhz, Kingston Hyper X SSD 120 GB, 500 GB WD HDD, Gigabyte AMD 7850 2GB OC with custom Arctic Cooling, AsRock Z77 Extreme4 MB, 2x 24" Full HD Screens.

I have been using one screen for gaming and on the second one I am having either stream going on or some movie or w/e. However I have noticed that lately the GPU is struggling with the load from the 2 screens.

I've been thinking of adding up this GPU to my pc setup:

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/R7-370-GAMING-4G.html...

My idea was to have my gaming screen hooked on the R7 370 GPU and the second screen on the 7850 OC Card. Then I started reading about CrossFire and how it works and it got me confused.

Is it better to have the two cards on CrossFire and use the R7 370 as main, aka where the two screens will be hooked?

If I disregard the CrossFire option and go for the one card - one screen idea, will it work better? I remember some time ago when I got the second screen, I tried to put one screen in the 7850 card and the second screen in the Motherboard GPU and it felt like the CPU is lagging, because there was weird lag opening My Computer and other basic stuff.

Thank you in advance for the help!