23 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2016 4:01 AM by amdmatt

Disabled AMD 8570

net-work

My Lenovo M93p tower runs two AMD Radion 8570's. The AMD software shows that one of them is disabled althought Windows 10 Device Manager shows them both as being enabled. 1) WHy is one disabled and 2) what do I do to enable the disabled 8570?

• Re: Disabled AMD 8570
          amdmatt

Please see below.

net-work

My Lenovo "desktop" has two identical GPU's. Can the "disabled" GPU be assigned to the same display as the other GPU?  Thanks!

Xmitted from iCerg

amdmatt

Please provide more information so we can help.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

net-work

I've been trying to figure out why the two replies I've gotten for my issue have referred to my computer as a "laptop". I called it a tower" in my first post and a "desktop" on my second post. I ordered the Lenovo desktop to my custom specs to include the two AMD 8570's which they said gave me more display buffer. The computer is NOT a "laptop". So is the second (not really disabled) GPU still really hard-wired as if it were a laptop?? Again - my computer is a DESKTOP and the GPU's are in slots. Did I waste my money on the second GPU or can I config it as a second GPU to support my single display which connected to my "desktop" by an HDMI cable?

Xmitted from iCerg

net-work

Both of the responses so far have been within the purview of me having a laptop.

I don't have a laptop.It's a desktop. Is there some other avenue of tech support in AMD?!?!?!?The assumption that I have a laptop has become frustrating. Most espcially since the responed hasn't read my issue.

I need real technical support here! 

To: Jerry Cergol <net-work@att.net>

Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 3:43 AM

Subject: Disabled AMD 8570 | AMD Developer Forums

#yiv9749833652 * #yiv9749833652 a #yiv9749833652 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv9749833652 #yiv9749833652 h1, #yiv9749833652 h2, #yiv9749833652 h3, #yiv9749833652 h4, #yiv9749833652 h5, #yiv9749833652 h6, #yiv9749833652 p, #yiv9749833652 hr {}#yiv9749833652 .yiv9749833652button td {}

|

Community 

Disabled AMD 8570

in Processors  No, the laptop is hard wired to the integrated GPU.  Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community  SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:  

- Go to the message on Community (you’ll need to log in).

- Click on either the Helpful Answer button or the Correct Answer button.

- Pat yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.

This email was sent by Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

amdmatt

Apologies, there are several different variations of 8570, including a mobile variant. Please can you attach your DXDIAG report to your response so i can look at your system configuration and your driver details?

Click Use 'Advanced Editor' and then in the bottom right of the reply box, use the 'Attach' link to attach your report to your response.

Dxdiag - Click Start, type in dxdiag and press Enter. Under Run DirectX 64-Bit, click on Save All Information and save this as dxdiag.txt

net-work

I don't know what "Advanced Editor" is butI ran DXDIAG and saved it as a .txt file as you requested.

Thank you for remaining engaged with my issue.

Jerry

Sent: Friday, June 17, 2016 3:24 AM

#yiv2841908807 * #yiv2841908807 a #yiv2841908807 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv2841908807 #yiv2841908807 h1, #yiv2841908807 h2, #yiv2841908807 h3, #yiv2841908807 h4, #yiv2841908807 h5, #yiv2841908807 h6, #yiv2841908807 p, #yiv2841908807 hr {}#yiv2841908807 .yiv2841908807button td {}

|

Community 

Disabled AMD 8570

in Processors  Apologies, there are several different variations of 8570, including a mobile variant. Please can you attach your DXDIAG report to your response so i can look at your system configuration and your driver details?  Click Use 'Advanced Editor' and then in the bottom right of the reply box, use the 'Attach' link to attach your report to your response.  Dxdiag - Click Start, type in dxdiag and press Enter. Under Run DirectX 64-Bit, click on Save All Information and save this as dxdiag.txt Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community  SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:  

- Pat yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

amdmatt

Thank you, got the DXDIAG.

DXDIAG is reporting that you only have one HD 8570 connected. If there is a second HD 8570 in your system, it is not detected. DId it come with 2x HD 8570's installed from Lenovo, or did you add a second one yourself?

I was not able to determine which Motherboard you are using from the report, do you know?

net-work

The computer is as Lenovo built it except for the upgraded SSD C:\ drive where my Windows OS lives.The DXDIAG implication here is that the second 8570 is not installed or is not operative BUT I have attached prints fromDevice Manager that show both adapters as being present in my hardware config and both are operational.

That in itself bothers me somewhat because DXDIAG and Device Manager are both Windows facilities and are apparently reporting different things.

So the plot thickens, Matt. 

What's next?

Jerry

From: amdmatt <amd-external@jiveon.com>

Sent: Monday, June 20, 2016 3:40 AM

#yiv4986977109 * #yiv4986977109 a #yiv4986977109 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv4986977109 #yiv4986977109 h1, #yiv4986977109 h2, #yiv4986977109 h3, #yiv4986977109 h4, #yiv4986977109 h5, #yiv4986977109 h6, #yiv4986977109 p, #yiv4986977109 hr {}#yiv4986977109 .yiv4986977109button td {}

|

Community 

Disabled AMD 8570

in Processors  Thank you, got the DXDIAG.  DXDIAG is reporting that you only have one HD 8570 connected. If there is a second HD 8570 in your system, it is not detected. DId it come with 2x HD 8570's installed from Lenovo, or did you add a second one yourself?  I was not able to determine which Motherboard you are using from the report, do you know?  Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community  SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:  

|

amdmatt

Can you post a screenshot of Device Manager and post screenshots of the General and Drive tabs?

I'd also like to see a screenshot of Radeon Settings > System tab please.

net-work

I don't understand this request.In my previous email I sent you attachments of each of the individual General tab panels; I will send those same attachments again hoping that is what you wish to see.There is no "Drive" tab as you requested so I believe that you meant "Driver" tab and I will send you that for each 8570 adapter. Please tell me if that is/is not what you need.

Thank you, Matt.

Jerry

Sent: Monday, June 20, 2016 11:26 AM

#yiv7228309803 * #yiv7228309803 a #yiv7228309803 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv7228309803 #yiv7228309803 h1, #yiv7228309803 h2, #yiv7228309803 h3, #yiv7228309803 h4, #yiv7228309803 h5, #yiv7228309803 h6, #yiv7228309803 p, #yiv7228309803 hr {}#yiv7228309803 .yiv7228309803button td {}

|

Community 

Disabled AMD 8570

in Processors  Can you post a screenshot of Device Manager and post screenshots of the General and Drive tabs? I'd also like to see a screenshot of Radeon Settings > System tab please. Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community  SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:  

|

net-work

Here are the Radeon Settings, Matt.

One for System and one each for the Disabled and the Primary 8570 adapters.

Jerry

Sent: Monday, June 20, 2016 11:26 AM

#yiv3916928762 * #yiv3916928762 a #yiv3916928762 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv3916928762 #yiv3916928762 h1, #yiv3916928762 h2, #yiv3916928762 h3, #yiv3916928762 h4, #yiv3916928762 h5, #yiv3916928762 h6, #yiv3916928762 p, #yiv3916928762 hr {}#yiv3916928762 .yiv3916928762button td {}

|

Community 

Disabled AMD 8570

in Processors  Can you post a screenshot of Device Manager and post screenshots of the General and Drive tabs? I'd also like to see a screenshot of Radeon Settings > System tab please. Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community  SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:  

|

amdmatt

The primary GPU is connected to a PCI-E 2.0 Motherboard slot. Have you connected the display to the correct GPU?

What is the make and model of the Motherboard?

net-work

Hi, Matt.

1) How/what should I do to verify that I have my display connected to the correct GPU? Is that an external port connection? I believe the display uses an HDMI cable.

2) if I can't find the motherboard info you need in the Lenovo build paperwork It sounds like I'll have to remove the Lenovo's covers to find that mother board info.

I ordered the desktop from Lenovo with the two 8570's, Matt. I didn't do any work on the machine myself nor have ever opened it up.

Again - I am grateful for your persistence with my issue.

Jerry

Xmitted from iCerg

amdmatt

No problem, we'll try and get it sorted for you. I would recommend phoning Lenovo and asking them, as they sometimes use custom Motherboard configurations as it was not mentioned in the DXDIAG.

How many HDMI slots are available on the back of the system?

net-work

I called Lenovo, Matt.

"Brittany" in the IBM/Lenovo Atlanta Support Center gave me this info fro the motherboard:W7IntelQ876Model VPR

Sounds strange to me but I'd rather attempt to avoid opening the machine up. I can but there's always some risk.

Two HDMI ports on the rear of the chasis.

Jerry

Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2016 9:01 AM

#yiv2545578971 * #yiv2545578971 a #yiv2545578971 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv2545578971 #yiv2545578971 h1, #yiv2545578971 h2, #yiv2545578971 h3, #yiv2545578971 h4, #yiv2545578971 h5, #yiv2545578971 h6, #yiv2545578971 p, #yiv2545578971 hr {}#yiv2545578971 .yiv2545578971button td {}

|

Community 

Disabled AMD 8570

in Processors  No problem, we'll try and get it sorted for you. I would recommend phoning Lenovo and asking them, as they sometimes use custom Motherboard configurations as it was not mentioned in the DXDIAG.  How many HDMI slots are available on the back of the system? Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community  SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:  

|

amdmatt

Turn your system off and try using the other HDMI port. Boot into Windows, wait a few minutes and then show me the the screenshots again of both GPUs in Radeon settings.

I was not able to find any Motherboard with that name and a google search brings up nothing.

net-work

I did what you advised (plugged the display HDMI cable into the unused computer HDMI port). After computer power-up my display showed

a message "NO SIGNAL" which renders the display unusable for Windows ops.

The display hardware settings MENU item INPUT SELECT  has always been set to AUTO detection for it's connection tothe computer's HDMI port. The INPUT SELECT option list includes: VGA, HDMI, DISPLAY PORT and AUTO. Of the two HDMI ports on thecomputer only one has a cable in it for my display; the other HDMI port is empty. 

After plugging the display HDMI cable into the unused port I reversed and re-plugged the display HDMI cable back to the original port so that I

could use the computer to send you this email.

Thanks, Matt.

Jerry

Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 4:08 AM

#yiv5398644002 * #yiv5398644002 a #yiv5398644002 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv5398644002 #yiv5398644002 h1, #yiv5398644002 h2, #yiv5398644002 h3, #yiv5398644002 h4, #yiv5398644002 h5, #yiv5398644002 h6, #yiv5398644002 p, #yiv5398644002 hr {}#yiv5398644002 .yiv5398644002button td {}

|

Community 

Disabled AMD 8570

in Processors  Turn your system off and try using the other HDMI port. Boot into Windows, wait a few minutes and then show me the the screenshots again of both GPUs in Radeon settings.  I was not able to find any Motherboard with that name and a google search brings up nothing.  Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community  SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:  

|

amdmatt

Can you attach a Belarc report to your next response?

Belarc - Go to www.belarc.com/free_download.html and download/install/run the Free Belarc Advisor. This will generate an HTML report on your system, to be saved through "File->Save As" in your browser as report.html

net-work

Hi, Matt.

Here's the attached Belarc report.

Jerry

Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2016 5:20 AM

#yiv8571317299 * #yiv8571317299 a #yiv8571317299 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv8571317299 #yiv8571317299 h1, #yiv8571317299 h2, #yiv8571317299 h3, #yiv8571317299 h4, #yiv8571317299 h5, #yiv8571317299 h6, #yiv8571317299 p, #yiv8571317299 hr {}#yiv8571317299 .yiv8571317299button td {}

|

Community 

Disabled AMD 8570

in Processors  Can you attach a Belarc report to your next response? Belarc - Go to www.belarc.com/free_download.html and download/install/run the Free Belarc Advisor. This will generate an HTML report on your system, to be saved through "File->Save As" in your browser as report.html  Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community  SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:  

|

amdmatt

Has this ever worked correctly or has it been broken since you got the system?

The Belarc report detected both GPUs and provided the name of the Motherboard. LENOVO SHARKBAY 0B98401 PRO.

I think you'll need to share some pictures of inside the computer as I'm not sure why one is showing as disabled.

net-work

I have some pressing business to conduct right now so I will re-plug per your specs and print your screens later today; I hope that's OK.

Jerry

#yiv5398644002 * #yiv5398644002 a #yiv5398644002 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv5398644002 #yiv5398644002 h1, #yiv5398644002 h2, #yiv5398644002 h3, #yiv5398644002 h4, #yiv5398644002 h5, #yiv5398644002 h6, #yiv5398644002 p, #yiv5398644002 hr {}#yiv5398644002 .yiv5398644002button td {}

|

Community 

Disabled AMD 8570

in Processors  Turn your system off and try using the other HDMI port. Boot into Windows, wait a few minutes and then show me the the screenshots again of both GPUs in Radeon settings.  I was not able to find any Motherboard with that name and a google search brings up nothing.  Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community  SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:  

|

net-work

I can't believe that I said I'd do this after the first test opf it but the display is dead if I switch HDMI ports so I can't provide you with theAMD screens.

#yiv6742544990 * #yiv6742544990 a #yiv6742544990 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv6742544990 #yiv6742544990 h1, #yiv6742544990 h2, #yiv6742544990 h3, #yiv6742544990 h4, #yiv6742544990 h5, #yiv6742544990 h6, #yiv6742544990 p, #yiv6742544990 hr {}#yiv6742544990 .yiv6742544990button td {}

|

Community 

Disabled AMD 8570

|