11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2016 10:11 AM by amdmatt

Can't play sc2

bthundahp

Hi heres my specs apparently  i beat the system requirements for this game and yet it still runs like crap in all leagues              

AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor              (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series

600b evga

Atx Micro

• Re: Can't play sc2
          amdmatt

Please can you provide the following information?

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

bthundahp

GA-78LMT-S2 = motherboard          Windows 10 Home 64-bit          8192MB RAM,             DirectX Version: 12          desktop pc          driver installed 16.3.2

Card name: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series,        Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor              (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz,     power supply unit 600bronze wattage by evga ,      installed ram , 8gb

bthundahp

also i just get low frames per second theres no need to take a screen shot  when it's just a frames per second issue so there could be cpu bottlenecking i'm thinking about upgrading to black edition wich maxes out 4.1 ghz , the game just runs slow period.

bthundahp

monitor refresh rate 1680 by 1050 p (59.954Hz)

amdmatt

It could be a bottleneck issue, but please try the steps below to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.6.1. drivers once the above is completed.

6. Restart and navigate to Radeon Settings > Gaming > Global Settings and disable Power Efficiency and test to see if performance improves.

bthundahp

Well sorry amd i have to say i switched my processor frm fx-6300 to intel HUGE performance difference but im still using amd graphics card so you can look up that at least.

bthundahp

intel i3*