0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2016 3:33 PM by ethan_mccowan

I need to downgrade to AMD Catalyst because Crimson editon gives me half the fps and stuttering...

ethan_mccowan

Hello!,

My name is Ethan and I have a problem.

I updated my drivers to AMD Crimson Edition  a couple days ago thinking i would receive higher fps in games and a faster in general computer.

After I updated to the Crimson Edition, I received half of the  fps i used to get in games and I have reset my PC trying to get default drivers and I have talked to countless people trying to get help.

ex: Windows, Acer

They said reset your PC and you should be good to go and I will get Catalyst back like I had it before I updated... I have reset my PC twice and I'm not doing it again.

Windows said that Catalyst is too old for windows 10 and that I need to keep crimson edition.

I wanted to downgrade to windows 7 so that I could I could keep Catalyst when it installs.

I cannot downgrade because my PC came as a windows 8.1 PC which is the worst windows version I have ever seen!

I cannot do a rollback because there was no save point and if I try to do it it will probably self update itself again to Crimson Edition.

What I want from this forum post is for a download link to AMD CATALYST not crimson edition, and I want to make sure that the drivers are compatible so that my computer does not get destroyed from the wrong drivers.

My PC's serial code is : ES1-521-82FG

This is a Acer Aspire Laptop

I have AMD Quad-Core Processor A8-6410 (up to 2.4 GHz)

AMD Radeon R5 Grapics

8GB DDR3 L Memory

1000 GB HDD

Help from a AMD support person would be nice and the chat to be very active with advice!

Thank you for reading this and helping me out!

Please consider helping me I have put way too much time into trying to fix my computer to run a game as easy as CS-GO.