5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2018 1:42 PM by alejothebear

Unity engine problem

nanocer

Hello from about 6 months ago I have a problem with games that work with the graphics engine unity.

As I enter a game a game with this engine the picture freezes and the game stops working.

Anyone know why this happens my theory is that there is a problem with AMD driver version 15.12 after not and could play more.

I'm not the only one with this problem now and read more comments on steam.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Processor: AMD A6-6400K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics    (2 CPUs), ~3.9GHz

Card name: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

Memory: 8192MB RAM

DirectX Version: 12

• Re: Unity engine problem
          hockalugie

I have the same problem since driver 16.4.2 but it's not consistent sometimes I can play for 3 minutes and sometimes 30 minutes or sometimes it doesn't crash at all. Do you get the error msg that the plug-in has crashed? I get that about half the time.  I've tried everything to find out what's causing it but can't nail it down.

nanocer

if I have long been trying to solve this but it seems that nobody cares and pays AMD confidence in the consumer banking products

hockalugie

I found that it happens in Firefox almost every time. If I use IE it happens hardly at all and when it does crash if I wait 20 or 30 seconds it recovers and starts playing fine until it crashes again. Also if I reboot before playing it seems to be even more reliable in IE. I hate IE but it seems to be the only solution ATM. I am leaning toward the problem is in something besides the GPU and the drivers. Something running in the background causing it or a combination of both. I'll update when/if I find something new.

hockalugie

I "fixed" it ! (at least so far) What I did was set the Frame Rate control to what my monitors refresh rate is set to (120Mhz) and it's working perfect. Overclocking, default any combination of settings and it has not crashed in almost a week. driver 16.3.2  through 16.6.1  all seem to work fine.  Hope this solves your problem too