AnsweredAssumed Answered

R9 280 Driver Problem with Windows 10

Question asked by otep0323 on Jun 10, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 11, 2016 by otep0323

My system consists of the following components FX8350, M5A97 Evo R2.0, Crucial ballistix 8GB Ram, Powercolor R9 280 3GB, CX750M PSU, 240GB Sandisk SSD.

I am previously using Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, i can run AA games 50-70fps max settings @1080p. Last week i give the free upgrade to windows 10 a try since i am looking forward to DX12.

Everything was fine until i start to play game, BF4 become 30fps max, Far Cry 4 25fps Max. I am using fraps to check my game FPS.

I clean uninstall, then reinstall Graphics driver to the latest Crimson 16.6.1 for Win10 64Bit, even updated motherboard driver but to no avail, none of these solve my issue. I am about to rollback to Windows 8.1 but for last try, i decided to check Radeon App, in the overdrive, i found that my clock and memory was set to lowest. I change it to preferred speed but didnt change the game performance.

I downloaded MSI Afterburner and tweak the settings from there, save profile and set to apply the speed everytime i restart, and all FPS goes back to normal.

This is not the fix that i am looking for, i know this is temporary. This is the reason why i decided to post in this forum to get a permanent solution. It personally think that this is driver compatibility issue with Windows 10. Why do i need other software to make things work?

Thank you in advance for those who will respond to my post.

Outcomes