10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2016 10:42 PM by nasty7

Chattering while scrolling

nasty7

I just reinstalled Windows 7 Vanilla to a new SSD on my Toshiba, here is the exact laptop at Toshiba

Satellite L505D-LS5007 Support | Toshiba

And here is the Speccy

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/E34zQygSz1vXIBsaKXkcVlE

I have installed the proper driver that was used on the original OEM Install and am still getting some chattering when I scroll on web pages.  I also have the ATI Catalyst installed but don't understand if it will be of any help.  I've wasted to much time with all this just to get some simple function, what is wrong?  I even had a newer driver to start with but they were both the same.  Any info needed please just ask.

I also don't think I need the Catalyst, can someone advise about this if possible?

Thanks, Nasty7

• Re: Chattering while scrolling
          goodplay

Windows smooth scroll options ?.

kingfish

Have you completely updated your laptop from Windows Update? Not just the Critical updates, but the relevant 'Optional' and 'Recommended' updates. These would include the necessary SP1, .netframeworks, and C++ upgrades. This must be done before any attempt is made to install AMD graphics drivers.

According to the info you furnished, you have a integrated HD4100 graphics chip and using Win7...64bit I assume. Here are the last/latest drivers for your laptop. > Legacy

nasty7

kingfish wrote:

Have you completely updated your laptop from Windows Update? Not just the Critical updates, but the relevant 'Optional' and 'Recommended' updates.

These would include the necessary SP1, .netframeworks, and C++ upgrades. This must be done before any attempt is made to install AMD graphics drivers.

According to the info you furnished, you have a integrated HD4100 graphics chip and using Win7...64bit I assume. Here are the last/latest drivers for your laptop. > Legacy

No I have not...we'll, I think the "Relevant" ones are done, I have all the ones you mentioned here: SP1, .Netframeworks, and C++upgrades.  I'll verify with a pic, please tell me if this is satisfactory.  My idea was to prevent anything to do with Windows 10 from coming in, so chose to not allow "Optional"  Also trying to keep the pc from being bogged down by junk I don't need, but still new to all this.  I think I have all things in place but it still don't work well, could that be all do to the older driver I'm using, because it don't seem that would be the case.  It worked before on the Toshiba OEM Install but not good now?

Yes, the Speccy shows 64bit

Thank you for that link!  I knew I was doing something wrong finding it.  "HydraVision Package", is this something I need?  I don't game, just a computer hobbyist, home user.

AMD Reply Status.PNG

Thank you very much, really want to get things all running well and your help is invaluable!

kingfish

I am in the middle of a new install of Win7 myself. I find it easier to use GWX than to read about each optional update. It will remove/disable anything that has to do with Win10...and it works really well.

You don't need Hydravision.

Updating is important...half the "issues" on this forum are caused by the lack of. It's easy to tell in the Optional list what is important. If it's a security update...install it.

nasty7

kingfish wrote:

I am in the middle of a new install of Win7 myself.

That's great!

I find it easier to use GWX than to read about each optional update. It will remove/disable anything that has to do with Win10...and it works really well.

Yes, I know about this awesome tool, thanks!

You don't need Hydravision.

Gotcha!

Updating is important...half the "issues" on this forum are caused by the lack of. It's easy to tell in the Optional list what is important. If it's a security update...install it.

I'm still here just a bit timid to install all these "Optional Updates"

I did not do this with my last install and it worked fine, but I will give it a try.  Is there anything else that might be an issue considering I'm using a Retail install of W7 Home Premium and not the Toshiba Recovery Disks?  Also, there are no Security Updates in Optional for me.

Thanks, Nasty7