3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2016 4:23 PM by black_zion

Does X4 750 have 4 separate cores

garciajdg

Hi,

I found out that my current desktop CPU is not a true dual core and I never really worried about it in the past, but I  found a job I can do online with flexible schedule because of my medical disabilities and might not get the job. I currently have a Gigabyte Motherboard (GA-F2A55M-DS2) with an   AMD A6-5400K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 3600 Mhz processor. I have 8 GB of RAM, dual monitors and usually had it setup for just everyday surfing and watching netflix in the evening. Now that I'm not able to go into the office ( I used to support Messaging environment), I dont have the luxury of having a work laptop and this company said that they would consider hiring me to do my job from home, but I have to meet their system requirements. Well seems they checked my system and it passed everything with the exception of the CPU requirements. When I bought the cpu it was advertised as a dual core processor, but when they ran their system checks they told me this is what they found.

Minimum Requirements: Dual Core Processor 2.1 GHz or above. (Dual Core is suggested, but Quad is preferred)

I have the following: AMD A6-5400K APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 3600 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

I cannot afford to buy another motherboard & CPU and I really need this job as its been over a year without a job. I want to try and purchase the Athlon X4 750 because its labeled as a true 4 core and it meets my 65 watts limit. I don't know for sure if when you run the system information Summary if it will actually display as it would say an Intel i3 or Pentium Dual Core would display. I know the Intel CPU's system summary has it displayed as:  Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 - 2350M  CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2300 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), and AMD System has it configured as only 1 core, but with 2 logical processors.

Can anyone verify that if I install the X4 it will read as 4 Cores and 4 Logical Processors? Otherwise I'm out of luck unless there is another cpu that will work on my motherboard that is not alot of money? I thank you all in advance and I hate to be useless, but its been so long now and I cant afford to miss out on this position.

Here is my System Summary of what I have incase it doesnt show up.

[System Summary]

Item Value

OS Name Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro

Version 6.3.9600 Build 9600

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name Desktop

System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model To be filled by O.E.M.

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU To be filled by O.E.M.

Processor AMD A6-5400K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 3600 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F5, 3/18/2013

SMBIOS Version 2.7

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

BaseBoard Model Not Available

BaseBoard Name Base Board

Platform Role Desktop

Secure Boot State Unsupported

PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.3.9600.17196"

User Name Desktop

Time Zone Central Daylight Time