4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2016 7:48 AM by teckem

Is my card dying?

sophia

Hello, I hope someone can help me.

Today I have run into a lot of problems with my gpu. I started with some casual internet browsing and noticed it felt very slow and sluggy. I use MSI Afterburner to monitor my computer and I saw in the gpu usage it was spiking very hard, sometimes to 99%. After some googling this problem I read about bitcoin farming virus and all sorts of these things but the gpu was not spiking when i am idle, only when I try to do anything with the computer. I ran scans with malware scanners and also my antivirus, nuked anything which it found (not much) and restarted.

I still have the problem also with games, they are so choppy they are unplayable. They do work but they are unplayable. I am unable to play certain videos on my computer - some seem to work OK but a lot of them, particularly videos I have made of my gaming, they will turn green or look all crazy (artifacting I think?)

I have the latest drivers for AMD R9 200 / HD 7900 series which is my card.

I use Windows 7 64 bit.

I have tried to update drivers, rollback drivers, restart computer etc but nothing is fixing it. I need to know, is my card dying?