AnsweredAssumed Answered

FX-8300 BSOD

Question asked by joepro87 on Jun 7, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 23, 2016 by atlasminor

Hey all, I need some help. I have the FX-8300 NOT overclocked (3.3Ghz), 16GB of DDR3, my mobo is the Asus M5A97 R2.0, and the Sapphire Radeon R9 390 Nitro. My power supply is the Corsair RM850i, and I'm dual booting Win10 and Linux Mint 17.3. I've been getting BSOD's more and more frequently lately, and, for the most part, it is the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error. Although there have been a few others, this one is the most prevalent. While tweeting @AMDCare, they had me change some BIOS settings, although I can't remember exactly what. I know one of them has to do with the power state of the processor? C6 disabled? Something like that.

Anyway, that helped for a couple days. However, so far today I've had 5 different BSOD's within a 30 minute time frame. I need help guys. I can't afford a new processor. If there is any advice you guys can give, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Oh, one other thing, I am running version 16.5.3 of the Crimson software, but that shouldn't have any impact on it, should it?

Outcomes