5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2016 8:14 PM by techguy

Frequent BSoD/RSoD, gaming rig hates all of my drivers...

jinxtheneko

I've been on 4 forums and no help so far. None of them answer back.

My computer has major problems. It crashes every 5 to 20 minutes. Mostly BSoDs that always seem to say Memory Management or PFN List Corrupt. Today was different, I got a System Thread Exception Not Handled M, which is pretty common but it said that the cause of it was hardware. Just hardware. Then it listed every driver it hated. Which was 90% of the drivers. I tried fixing the drivers, replacing videocards, replaced the power supply.. Nothing worked. This has been going on since I built it. I know it's not Win 10, my RAM passed Memtest 8 times with no errors, my videocard was swapped in and out with no change to the computer's situation and so was my powersupply, I also have great temperature rates and my hard drive is in perfect condition...

I think it is my motherboard, even though my BIOS has no hiccups of any sort.

Please help. I've had this computer for a year and a half and it has been like this.

Here is the weird BSoD dump file: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5B63584D22B74FF9!549&authkey=!AP04ReOYZcLij6A&ithint=file%2cdmp

My build:

MB: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

CPU: FX-9590

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb DDR3 1866

GPU: XFX Radeon R7 260x 2 Gb

PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000P2

• Re: Frequent BSoD/RSoD, gaming rig hates all of my drivers...
          amdmatt

Was it this MEMTEST that you tested with?  Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

I would recommend trying to disable some of the Power Saving features in the Motherboard bios to see if that helps. ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX BIOS review - YouTube

Disable Cool n Quiet and C1E and C6 if available.

• Re: Frequent BSoD/RSoD, gaming rig hates all of my drivers...
            techguy

There are numerous FX-9590 threads here that address most every issue people have experienced with these 220w CPUs which require not only a proper mobo designed for the 220w CPU, a proper HSF or other cooler to properly cool the FX-9000 series CPUs to 61C or lower and a 35 CFM or greater fan cooling the VRM circuit of the mobo due to the 220w load from the FX-9000 series CPUs. Once the most basic parameters are handled appropriately, then you need to dial in all of the BIOS settings as the "auto" mode of many mobos will not set the BIOS settings to what the FX-9000 series or even FX-8000 series CPUs require for Prime95 stability.

Obviously the RAM must be error free under Memtest86+ V5 or newer. If not then you need to resolve this issue before moving on.

Make sure to check the CPU temp under heavy load to be certain it does not exceed 61C? The applets Core Temp, Aida64 and HWiNFO will show you pretty accurate temps in the 60C-70C temp range. If your CPU exceeds 61C under heavy load then this problem must be resolved. If your CPU temp stays at or below 61C under heavy load then I'd recommend the settings below because mobo "auto" settings do not work well with high powered 8-core FX CPUs IME.

This is what I would recommend:

1. Disable C6, C1E and Cool & Quiet - this will NOT hurt anything, they are just power saving modes

2. Manually set the CPU to the specified default vcore shown for your specific CPU

3. Manually set the DRAM timings listed on the DIMMs - assuming they were purchased as ONE DIMM kit and NOT two individual DIMMs. If bought as two independent DIMMs you likely will need slower timings to prevent issues.

4. If the DIMMs are 1.5v increase the voltage to 1.55v

5. Set CPU NB to 1.25v and HT to 1.25v-1.28v

6. Set Hyper transport frequency to 2600 MHz.

7. Set Northbridge frequency to 2400 MHz.

Run the system in Manual mode - NOT "auto" mode and set the CPU multiplier to "23.5" for the FX-9590 and "20" for the FX-8350, Etc.

None of these settings are crazy nor should they cause any issues with your PC. I and other folks have run these settings for years without issue on many different brands and models of mobos using FX 8-core CPUs at OE frequencies as well as overclocked 8-core CPUs . You may need to play around with the vcore power stability settings (LLC or similar), when in manual mode to insure the vcore voltage stay close to what you have set it in the BIOS when under heavy load. Applets like OCCT or similar that will record the CPU temp/vcore/frequency are very helpful in fixing operational problems