We'd like to help, please provide more information.
From what you have described it does not sound like an overheating issue, as 70c is still a low temperature for a graphics card.
Update: I read that downgrading to 16.2.1 would do it for some but i just installed that and ran WoW and after a few minutes i got all strippes on my screen and the pc froze still
- AMD Graphics Card
- AMD R9 280x
- Desktop or Laptop System
- Operating System
- Windows 10 64bit
- Driver version installed
- Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1
- Display Devices
- Philips 222E (1920x1080@60Hz)
- Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. G1.Sniper H6
- Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz
- Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
- coolermaster 700W Gold
So far i had these problems with Xcom2, WoW, Rebel galaxy. Thought I havent tested many other games
Okay, that could be an indication of a bad video card. Please try the steps below and if you get the same problem, i would try the GPU in a different system to see if the same issue occurs.
1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here. What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.
3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates.
4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.
5. Install Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta once the above is completed and test to see if the same issue occurs.
I did all the steps you suggested and it still did not help me, given I only tested it with wow and againt i gotten strippes on the screen and nothing else. IN the end i did a reinstall off my pc and atm installed as the video card driver is 15.30.1025.1001 and a few more numbers. even after the reinstall and this older driver it still freezes on me with WoW as the test game.
Update: I did try the 15.11.1 driver again and it seemed to go oke for a few min more then before, but result was the same as the screen flickers and then its just gray strippes
Update 2: I updated to 16.3.2 and played WoW for a little bit without the screen flickering or the pc freezing up, still need to test it more though
Okay. If the problems returns i believe the GPU could be faulty and should be tested in a different system to see if the same issue occurs.
I do not have another system to test it in at home
- AMD Graphics Card
This may be a silly reply,but you said that you tried to remove your card,couldn't,and it hung sideways a bit in the slot. There is a tab on the top of the slot,on the far right.You have to sort of squeeze that tab up and pull the card straight out. Maybe your card is a bit loose in the slot now? I would remove it completely and put it back in to be sure.
Well mabye i could try that Dalles, but i was sure the card was in fine, Also another update , last night the video card seemed to run fine on 16.3.2, but today I started WoW again and the screen was flickering again. realy dont get this as it seemed oke late last night.
Update: tried the update 16.6.1 and that also did not last long
I had all of the usual problems with my R9380x ,the black screens were terrible. I did a few things,the 15.11.1 driver worked as long as I used the Saphire Trixx app to control my fans,put the power limit at 20,and added an extra slot fan next to my card. I also changed the TDR from the default to 8 seconds.Right now I am trying the newest driver using all of the same settings,has been going since last night .I play Wow and have had no issues so far.But it has been a random thing and I am not calling it a fix just yet, crossing fingers.