2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2016 9:21 AM by kefky

Only "Gaming" and "System" options in AMD Radeon settings without option to change primary Gpu

kefky

I have "AMD Radeon m5 255" graphic card and an intergrated Intel card and my Radeon settings doesn't have an option to make all my apps use Amd while some people on youtube have way more options on Radeon settings, is this a bug, not included for my graphic or anything else? Please help

• Re: Only "Gaming" and "System" options in AMD Radeon settings without option to change primary Gpu
          amdmatt

The M5 255 in your laptop does not have any display connections or the Universal Video Decoder, so you only have the gaming and system tabs present in Radeon Settings. The integrated GPU inside your laptop is wired to the display.

To configure an application to use the discrete GPU you need to open Radeon Settings > Preferences > Additional Settings.

In CCC Slim, navigate to Switchable Graphics Application Settings. This area will allow you to select which 3D application uses the Integrated GPU or the High Performance GPU. Add the application to CCC and select High Performance Mode to ensure that the High Performance GPU is used. Note, it is recommend to have the laptop plugged in and Windows configured to High performance mode in the Control Panel > Power options to ensure you get the best possible performance.