1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 5, 2016 5:10 PM by abi

Can only unlock 4/6 cores AMD FX 6300 (Black Edition)

mizen

SPECS:

AMD FX 6300 Black Editon (CPU)

Gigabyte 970A-DS3P (Motherboard)

ASUS 750 ti (GPU)

Hi,

I have problems unlocking 6/6 cores out of my CPU.

I have tried unlocking it using BIOS during startup, however when scrolling through the options of the BIOS I can only find the option for 1/2/3/4 core per CPU but not 5 nor 6. But when I go to for example start - > computer -> rightclick - > propterties it says that it is a 6 core processor and on the facturers box it even says you can OC it to 8 cores. How do I overclock or unlock it to get 6 or 8 cores?

• Re: Can only unlock 4/6 cores AMD FX 6300 (Black Edition)
          abi

I have na gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 and for me the CPU CORE CONTROL function works to  Disable  cores. FX x3xx cpus are assembled in 1 module 2 cores. That function can be used to disable cores, for exemple a FX 8320 that has 4modules 8cores can be turned into a 4 core 4 module chip similar to an intel i5. the 1-2-3-4 is the cores that you can disable leaving core 5-6-7-8 enabled.

you can also use this function to enable the 2 cores hidden in your CPU transforming into an 8core chip. but this is not recommended, theyr are locked cause of instability/malfunction.

You just need to load the defaulf settings, and dont need to do anything else, the mobo bios will do all the rest