8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2016 12:28 PM by mswp

I have a video_scheduler_internal_error whenever I watch a video.

mswp

The Laptop HP is brand new.

So what happens:

I go through a page and see a video (for example how to fix this issue,...) and after a few seconds: BZZZZZZZZZ - the sound freezes and the screen turns blue with a sad smiley.

It gives me the info: Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error and "gathers error-info" before it restarts my computer.

At first I thought, oh ok so it is gathering information it must also find a solution soon. But, two months later, still nothing. After searching I found the driver updates, but that did not help even a little.

The Driver AMD Radeon R4 Graphics is 15.201.1101.0 (already updated as forums all say it is the solution). Windows 10.

Please help, I can't even open Facebook homepage if someone posted a video... and other then that it is just annoying. Any help really appreciated!

• Re: I have a video_scheduler_internal_error whenever I watch a video.
          amdmatt

Please try the steps below to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.3.2 drivers once the above is completed.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            mswp

Dear Amdmatt,

thank you for your kind help, after going through all the steps, the laptop seems new, everything works - even two youtube vids at the time if anyone would ever need that .

I got a little stressed with the first step, as the sfc /scannow took almost 4 hours to complete.

Also (for anyone like me, not that much into computers or programming), important to note the space in between the "sfc" and the "/" as without you will get an error and the scan will not finish. 

The .net Framework was not activated, there were 2 versions on there so I just activated the first; and did that through the -windows+R- and then "appwiz.cpl" where you can hit the "turn on/off windows features". After a restart the DDU was quick, simple and clear. It tells you what to do and told me to restart in safe-mode so I did. Great.

Besides the fact that everything now runs,... I have the feeling the computer got faster and most of all the image got clearer.

But overall a fun adventure where and I am sooo happy my laptop works the way it should have from the first day!

There were no other websites-tips-support and whatever other mediums there were actually helped except for you guys here. And just google the problem,... there are too many with the same issues!

So again: THANK YOU!!!

amdmatt

Four hours, wow!

Glad it's all sorted.

mswp

OH dear,...

So to explain this as good as I can,... It used to work fine for a day.

So today, I was going through facebook and it happened again,...

Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error... It started back up, as always. But now, the desktop screen is black. And during the whole restart, the screen flashed a couple of times and the start up took quite some what longer then usual.

Also, yesterday it -without any actions- told me to reboot the computer so the changes would be valid. Funny thing, it did not look like a normal windows 10 message.

Any ideas? Need more information?

I really just want a normal working desktop replacement,... nothing really special.

amdmatt

What web browser are you using? Try to disable hardware acceleration to see if that stops the message from happening.

mswp

First of all, sorry for the late reply,... work has been chaos all over so I wasn't able to do anything.

I'm using chrome at the moment, but it happens in other browsers too.

I am unable to " disable hardware acceleration " I might do it wrong but searched it online and I just dont have the option.

Also, now when I am on desktop and click right to go to "AMD Radeon settings" I get an error message "no AMD  graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware. (Never had that message before either)

Today at the restart it gave me a black screen with the text:

(date and exact time before)  starting watch dog initialization

Loading config ... (roots krnl. setup)

pre initialization events

creating watch dog dynamic key list.

well and so on basically a list with approx.  actions taken before the computer would actually restart. (if you need more information on this, please just tell me)

Im not an IT person, just trying to be an independent woman on a computer (and obviously failing largely)  ... I am almost ready to give up or search online help for someone who can help via remote access ...The place where I bought the computer, they don't understand me (its one of those online shops - I was lucky enough to get someone to speak English...)

many many thanks in advance for your effort and time - you are a star!!!!

amdmatt

It sounds like you need a clean installation of the AMD drivers.

Please try the steps below to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.3.2 drivers once the above is completed.

Restart your system and test to see if the issue is resolved. If it remains, please try disabling Hardware Acceleration in Chrome. This video below will show you how to do it.

How to turn off GPU hardware acceleration in Chrome - YouTube

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                    mswp

Thank you!

So indeed, I redid the actions you have written in the first message - same results and after some time, it the error came up again.

Now, after disabling the hardware accelleration in Chrome, so far everything is working well.

On the desktop however, after the right click / and the first option "AMD Radeon Settings" i receive the error message that "no AMD Graphic driver is installed or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate to your AMD hardware".

Is there something else I need to download?? I followed your above mentioned steps...