3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2016 8:13 PM by techguy

amd fx 8320 tempature question

wrathofastral

Ive got the FX 8320 Black edition and while running WoW the processor sometimes gets to be 62 to (rarely) 67 degrees. i use speccy to track the temps and im not sure if thats a SAFE tempature to game at. Speccy shows the numbers in orange instead of yellow and that worries me alot. does anyone know if thats a SAFE temperature to be running games at or should i look into getting something to cool it down?    

also if anyone knows anything about crash issues in WoW id appreciate help on that regard as well. for some reason the game is crashing my display driver, or just crashing all together. its frustrating

• Re: amd fx 8320 tempature question
          qbtheslayer

What is your enclosure?  How many fans?  How are they configured?  What is your cooled for the CPU? What is your MB? What is your PSU?

QB

wrathofastral

ok so ive got a total of 2 fans one in the front of the case one in the back. ive got the ultra eltorque x1 mid size tower, stock cpu cooler, evga 80b 750w power supply, Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P motherboard. my graphics card is a 2gb ddr5 radeon r9 200 series (285) as for how they are configured? i didnt get into much on that end of it. plugged them in and went. i dont do anything that needs me to overclock anything so i havent done that either. WoW shouldnt be making my pc run that hot i dont thing. its probably the stock cpu cooler. it pretty small and is in need of replacement im sure

techguy

AIDA64, HWiNFO and Core Temp applets read the FX processor temps fairly accurately in the 60C-70C range. If under load your CPU internal core temp exceeds 61C, you have case airflow issues as the OEM box HSF can cool this CPU without issue. Have you set the fan speeds in the BIOS for Maximum/Full/100% so the fans run at full speed?