3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2016 9:14 PM by techguy

amd fx 9590 overheating cpu 86c. vcore-1 : 96 vcore 2 is 89 ?2 day laft i replaced processor but problem is not solved

hardik618

hi.

I am 3d visualizer , I am using software 3ds max 2015 and vray rander .

i am using 9590fx processor

new sapphire nitro r9 390 gpu

asus r2.0 990fx motherboard

and kingstone 1800 MHz ram

last time i send my processor for replacement in amd but my issue is not solve

yes i am use corsair h100i liquid cooling system

and 900w smps

can u guide me bios setting for that. than system work well. i didn't know what is problem

and what is amd company give me back product replacement i think it is not good work. or services amd

• Re: amd fx 9590 overheating cpu 86c. vcore-1 : 96 vcore 2 is 89 ?2 day laft i replaced processor but problem is not solved
            hardik618
            1. thank you for ans.
            2. i have new corsair h100i gtx cooler , and i think problem is solved with corsair link 4 software .. software is optimized performance .
              • Re: amd fx 9590 overheating cpu 86c. vcore-1 : 96 vcore 2 is 89 ?2 day laft i replaced processor but problem is not solved
                techguy

You can check the CPU temp under heavy load and record a number of important system parameters with applets like OCCT. They can record the CPU vcore voltage, internal temp, frequency, etc. to see where the problem may exist. You can also run Memtest86+ V5 or newer to check the RAM for issues. If all else fails the BIOS settings below have worked well for many FX  8 core users to obtain Prime 95 stability.

The first thing I'd recommend is running Memtest86+ V5 or newer for 6-24 hours. If you get errors then the DRAM timings need to be manually set in the BIOS. If you did not purchase the RAM as one matched DDR3 kit, then the timings will need to be slower than what is listed on the DIMMs. You can also remove all but one or two DIMMs to see if that makes any improvement.

For the FX-8000 or FX-9000 series CPUs to run reliably every setting in the BIOS must be 100% correct in addition to having a mobo designed specifically for the 220w FX-9000 series CPUs. Then you need a HSF or other cooler that can keep the full load internal CPU temp below 61C. Most mobos when run in "auto" mode do not set all of the BIOS parameters correctly for the FX-8000 and FX-9000 CPUs. I recommend manually setting the vcore and it's stability options (LLC or similar), the RAM timings as listed on the DIMM or package and several other important BIOS settings. (See below).

The settings below come from months of 24/7 testing with the FX 8-core processors. They work for my FX and many other peoples FX 8 core systems. There are no extreme or unsafe settings.

This is what I would recommend:

1. Disable C6, C1E and Cool & Quiet - this will NOT hurt anything, they are just power saving modes

2. Manually set the CPU to the specified default vcore shown for your specific CPU and confirm the vcore stays set and doesn't go higher or lower under full load

3. Manually set the DRAM timings listed on the DIMMs - assuming they were purchased as ONE DIMM kit and NOT two individual DIMMs. If bought as two independent DIMMs you likely will need slower timings to prevent issues.

4. If the DIMMs are 1.5v increase the voltage to 1.55v

5. Set CPU NB to 1.25v and HT to 1.25v-1.28v

6. Set Hyper transport frequency to 2600 MHz.

7. Set Northbridge frequency to 2400 MHz.

Run the system in Manual mode - NOT "auto" mode and set the CPU multiplier to "23.5"