AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD Radeon R9 200 series (270X) crashes

Question asked by cjmelland on Jun 2, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 14, 2018 by chenhoca

I have an AMD Radeon R9 270X 4GB GDDR5 graphics card. Whenever I play the game Overwatch I get the error message "Display Driver stopped Responding and has recovered" and another text box pops up in the middle of the screen saying "Overwatch: Your rendering device has been lost! Application closing!"

My graphics card is like 3 years old but has always worked fine. I recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 Enterprise 64 bit.

PC Specs as follows...

Win 10 64 bit OS

Desktop

AMD Radeon R9 200 series

- Driver version - Crimson Edition 16.3.2

MSI Z170A LGA 1151 DDR4 Titanium Edition Mobo

Intel i7-6700K 4.00 GHz 8M Processor Cache 4 LGA 1151

850W Power Supply (Thermaltake)

32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600MHz RAM

I do use dual monitors. One is a 24 inch BenQ and the other is just a 32 inch Panasonic HDTV. I've also monitored my GPU and when pretty much idle, it runs at around 47C and when playing, I've seen it spike to about 71C. I've tried updating the drivers and everything for the graphics card too and have also cleaned the registry using Ccleaner and also scan my computer via Spybot S&D and Malwarebytes as well.

Is it actually possible that my graphics card just isn't taking to Win 10? I'm doubting it but I've been wrong before. Like I said, it's a 3 year old card and that's just the length in time I've bought it off the shelf. I know it's a decent card but do I need to upgrade to a different card? Any input would be highly valued!

ALSO! I've went in the graphics registry folder and have already tried the TdrDelay at 8 hexadecimals (SP?) but to no avail. I'm so very lost and not really in the mood to drop around $300 for a new card... but at the same time wouldn't really mind getting an updated one...

I can stream Netflix just fine and stuff like that.

Attachments

Outcomes