6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2016 6:47 AM by amdmatt

How do I determine what driver I already have?

sciencemagic

How do I determine what driver I already have, and what updates are available and needed? Thank you

• Re: How do I determine what driver I already have?
          redorbo

Open up your crimson Radeon settings and go to the System tab on the bottom right corner and it should bring up an overview your version should be under Radeon Software Version. Like mine it says 16.5.3 version.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            redorbo

You can also go to the Start button, control panel, Hardware and Sound, Devices and Printers>Device Manager, click display adapters>right click your GPU and click properties and you click the driver tab and you have choices to update drivers, rollback drivers, or uninstall drivers.

sciencemagic

redorbo,

Thank you for your reply. I don't know how to open up my crimson Radeon settings, but I tried your second suggestion of "You can also go to the Start button, control panel, Hardware and Sound, Devices and Printers>Device Manager, click display adapters>right click your GPU and click properties and you click the driver tab and you have choices to update drivers, rollback drivers, or uninstall drivers". When I perform that suggestion I do see current version is: 15.200.1062.1004 and it was started 8/3/2015. What does that tell you redorbo? Does that version need to be updated? Or, is that version just what was updated yesterday by AMD? I believe yesterday was something about 15.7? Also, when I went to open my browser I saw a message: The SteadyVideoBHO Class add-on from Advanced Micro Devices is ready to use. And, an option of enable or don't enable. Obviously I'm suppose to enable it. But, have never seen that info or message displayed before when I turned on my computer, ever. Being I already had AMD installed on my computer, I presume this updated version, if that is what this message is about, would always show that message at the bottom of my screen? Just want to make sure I don't screw up something with my computer. I'm not a computer wizard, but usually I can scrap by. I appreciate your help and patience redorbo, thank you.

redorbo

Okay can you tell me what operating system are you running? also can you also tell what kind of graphics processing unit (GPU) you have running inside your computer? If it updated it for you yesterday to 15.7 and everything is running smoothly you will be fine. You should also enable SteadyVideoBHO that should make video playback on the internet less laggy or produce better quality of videos by utilizing DXVA engine by AMD, mostly used by Adobe Flash player.

sciencemagic

redorbo, Thanks again for your reply. This is sort of getting confusing to me, because when I follow your instructions and view the window or box that shows the info, it shows HD 6310 graphics driver version 8.930.0.0 and 12/5/2011, and when I click on updating that version, within that box, I get the best version is already installed message? Not sure how I got the info I said about version 15.200.1062.1004, but the direct X diagnostic tool box I ended up on, shows that info. I really don't see anything about GPU on that screen? My operating system is windows 7 by the way. Can we some how figure this out, redorbo? For some reason when I try and access from the start menu and use dxdiag and look there, windows shows a problem, and won't continue? Tried several times to get GPU info that way and kept getting that error message? Thank you, redobo and hang in there.