Asus B85M-E/BR

CPU

QuadCore Intel Core i5-4440, 3100 MHz

Power Supply Unit

Case Mall - Auto Switch ALL-600TTPSW - 600 Watts Max

RAM

2x Kingston HyperX 4GB

Description of the issue:

About a couple of weeks ago, I was playing CS:GO in Windows 10, and after a short time my PC froze (the sound of the game was "stuck") and I could only see green and orange lines in the screen, I then rebooted so I could return to the game. As I did, the same thing happened again. So I gave up, accepted the incoming 1 week ban and went to sleep. When I woke up and tried to turn the machine on, but my screen disagreed with me, "NOPE" she said, it wasn't showing any image at all. As I saw the graphics cards were correctly connected and so was the HDMI cable, I formatted the HD. The PC started fine with Windows 7 Ultimate, the problem reappeared when I tried to install the AMD driver again. So now I can't use the graphics card to play because I'm unnable to install the driver.

Sorry about the bad english, not my first language definitely.

I'm counting on you guys.

• Re: Driver stopped working
          amdmatt

Please try the steps below to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.5.3 drivers once the above is completed.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            udekp

Same here.

miguelcosta

Saddly this seems to be happening to a lot of people.

udekp

I am guessing no working solutions?  I have tried to uninstall my drivers with DDU many times and reinstall older versions of AMD drivers.  Same result, black screen when updating GPU and forced to use Microsoft Basic Drivers.  I really hope this problem gets resolved since these problems that I and others, who are even posting on this forum, are experiencing after updating our drivers.

Edit: I might as well list my specs just incase somebody from AMD is reading this.

CPU: AMD FX-8320 (3.5GHz)

GPU:  XFX AMD Radeon HD 7850 (1GB) [FX-785A-ZNL4]

RAM: 8GB DDR3 (2x4GB)

PSU: EVGA 500 Watts (500b, Bronze Certified)

Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme 3

I gave more information than probably needed but this is getting ridiculous.  I have not been able to use my computer properly for over a week now and is getting on my last nerve.  I'm sorry if this comes off as a bit rude.

If anybody has a solution, please speak up and tell us what you did.  Thanks in advance.

mkeidann

I have the same problem here .

Now i'm using the Microsoft Basic Drivers, the problem appears in 15.11 and 16.5 AMD driver, my frist problem appears in CS:GO, now with any AMD Drivers my Pc goes freezy and red dots on my screen.

CPU: Intel Core I5 3330

GPU:  Shappire Amd R7 250 (2GB)

RAM: 8GB DDR3 (2x4GB)

PSU: ThermalTake Smart 550 Watts (Bronze Certified)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H

Estou com o mesmo problema aqui.
                  Agora estou usando os drivers basicos, o problema aparece nas versoes 15.11 e 16.5 dos drivers, e apareceu pela primeira vez no cs:go, agora com qualquer driver da amd meu pc congela e aparece pontos vermelhos na tela.

Can't install driver