2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2016 6:18 AM by kingfish

HP Pavilion g6-2245sx video driver windows 8.1 64bit

modystaf

When i got my laptop it was works fine on games but right now when im install new windows it wont install

tried alot of drivers for AMD but even AMD detect software itself said my pc doesn't have AMD driver

i dont know how to fix this problem , Please help me

my laptop model : HP Pavilion g6-2245sx

System : windows 8.1 64bit

• Re: HP Pavilion g6-2245sx video driver windows 8.1 64bit
          amdmatt

We'd like to help, but we'll need more information about your system.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

• Re: HP Pavilion g6-2245sx video driver windows 8.1 64bit
            kingfish

Update your laptop using Windows Update, especially the relevant Optional and Recommended updates, which will include .netframeworks and C++ upgrades. This must be done before attempting to install AMD graphics drivers.

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics must be the current version. Go to this Intel link, and  use the Intel Driver Update Utility to find the latest graphics driver for your laptop. Download and save it to your desktop.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Download these AMD drivers to your desktop.... Legacy

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

NOTICE IMPORTANT:

****Computers with Intel processors select the entire package for uninstall. ....uninstall everything including the install manager.

Reboot.

Note: All anti-malware/anti-virus/anti-anything should be disabled during driver installation.

Now install the Intel drivers first....reboot. And lastly the AMD drivers....reboot.

NOTICE: If you do not want raptr/gaming evolved installed with your new drivers, select 'custom install' and uncheck the box for "gaming Evolved".

If you are having issues with the normal installation of the Mobility drivers, use the clean install method , making sure you install the latest Intel drivers.

****Help others with similar issues.****

If this response was any help please mark it:

Helpful, Like, or Correct Answer