2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2016 6:07 AM by kingfish

intel Switchable graphics and onboard mobility hd5650 software update problem

rounaqabn

i have intel onboard graphics and my gpu is  mobility radeon hd 5650 in my notebook acer timelinex 4820tg .When i update the graphics for gpu the screen resolution gets stuck from 1336x768 to 800x600 and the catalyst centre also fails to open. And after hardly updating drivers the onboard graphics are not detected and even the games show that no gpu drivers are installed plz help i have tried everything . it seems as if the updates gpu drivers do not collaborate with the onboard intel graphics.but in the device manager when i click on the intel hd graphics adapter it shows ati technologies and yes i dont thick that i have updated any chipset drivers ??ati3.jpgati 4.jpgati 5.jpgati.jpgati2.jpg

• Re: intel Switchable graphics and onboard mobility hd5650 software update problem
          amdmatt

The HD5xxx series has reached peak optimisation and been moved to legacy status, there will not be any further driver updates for your product. More information available here.

The latest Crimson driver for your system is 16.2.1 and is available here.

The last Catalyst driver for your system is 15.11.1 Beta and is available here.

I would recommend using DDU to sweep your system of AMD drivers, and then trying the drivers above to see if they resolve your issue.

• Re: intel Switchable graphics and onboard mobility hd5650 software update problem
            kingfish

Update your laptop using Windows Update, especially the relevant Optional and Recommended updates, which will include .netframeworks and C++ upgrades. This must be done before attempting to install AMD graphics drivers.

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics must be the current version. Go to this Intel link, and  use the Intel Driver Update Utility to find the latest graphics driver for your laptop. Download and save it to your desktop.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Download these AMD drivers to your desktop.... Legacy

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.****see below

NOTICE IMPORTANT:

****Computers with Intel processors select the entire package for uninstall. ....uninstall everything.

****Computers with AMD processors uninstall the AMD graphics driver only.

Reboot.

Note: All anti-malware/anti-virus/anti-anything should be disabled during driver installation.

Now install the Intel drivers first....reboot. And lastly the AMD drivers....reboot.

NOTICE: If you do not want raptr/gaming evolved installed with your new drivers, select 'custom install' and uncheck the box for "gaming Evolved".

If you are having issues with the normal installation of the Mobility drivers, use the clean install method , making sure you install the latest Intel drivers.

****Help others with similar issues.****

If this response was any help please mark it:

Helpful, Like, or Correct Answer