0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2016 1:01 PM by snoopfrogg

PC Crash whenever games are launched

snoopfrogg

Hey guys,

I've owned this computer for roughly 3 years now. Haven't had any issues, however last night I was playing Tom Clancy's the Division, went to tab over to my other monitor and my screen turned black and my system crashed. I had to forcibly reset the system (holding power for a few seconds) to get it to restart. Now anytime I launch any game (attempted World of Warcraft, The Division, and Diablo 3) the same situation occurs. Screen goes black, sound cuts, computer locks up, have to manually reset it.

Originally I was using software 16.5.2, however I updated to 16.5.3 and had the same issue. At that point I uninstalled drivers completely (so I was running basic windows display drivers) and tested it out and was able to run games fine (obviously looked horrible without drivers).

I tried installing multiple versions of crimson (15.11.1 , 16.5.1 , 16.5.2 , 16.5.3) all seem to give the same issue. The only way I can launch games is by having AMD drivers completely uninstalled.

I'm at a loss, I really don't want to do a clean wipe of my PC. Anybody got any ideas?

--UPDATE--

I performed a system recovery and restored a point from about a week ago, issue still persists.

• Graphics Card
        • Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB
      • Desktop
      • Operating System
        • Windows 10 64bit
      • Driver version installed
        • 16.3.1 / 15.11.1 / 16.5.1 / 16.5.2 / 16.5.3
      • Display Devices
        • Samsung T27A300 27" / Sceptre E275W-1920 27"
      • Motherboard
        • ASUS P8Z77-V
      • CPU