1 Reply Latest reply on May 31, 2016 1:10 AM by sandrino

Can't enable HD audio passtrough on HD5770/ screen tearing over HDMI

tminus3

Hi All,

After several fruitless attempts I hope you guys can answer my question. I've been trying to enable DTS HD Master Audio and Dolby Digital True HD on my aging Windows Vista PC with AMD Radeon HD5770 graphics card.

Up till recently I was using an old AV receiver that I was able to passtrough Dolby Digital and DTS signals from my PC using SP/DIF. Now I've upgraded to a recent Yamaha RX-V371 receiver that can decode DTS HD MA and DD True HD. But whatever I try, there is no HD audio options to check in the properties of the 'AMD Digital High Definition Audio Device'. It only lists DTS, DD and MS WMA Pro Audio as supported formats.

What I've tried already:

- I've installed the latest drivers from AMD (v.6.58.0.6616)

- made the AMD HD audio device default

- configured a 5.1 speaker setup

- disabled Realtek HD Audio divice

- tried VLC, Kodi, MPC-HT

- tried different HDMI cables

On top of that, I can't seem to get rid of screen tearing when watching movies from my PC over HDMI to my LG 50pk250 plasma TV (a previous Panasonic plasma give me the same tearing). Already tried the before mentioned video players, different refresh rates, turning V-sync on and off, adding 24p screen resolution in CCC.

Can somebody please offer me some tips to get this show on the road? It's about all that's left to complete my low-budget man-cave/home theatre!

Regards,

Marc