3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2017 9:42 PM by goodplay

Black screen only when drivers are installed

athlas

I just built this computer about two weeks ago. Haven't had any problems with it until tonight while playing Overwatch. My monitors suddenly went black and I had to hard restart my computer. Turned it back on, and the screen keeps going black right after the Windows 10 logo appears. I eventually got it booted in safe mode and uninstalled the drivers using DDU, and the black screens stopped. But whenever I try to install any version of the drivers, I get a black screen during installation that doesn't go away, and I keep getting black screens until I uninstall the drivers again in safe mode. Once in a blue moon, I can actually log on to Windows, but it'll only be for about a minute before the screen starts to flicker and goes black again. I tried several of the older drivers back to 15.11.1. Again, I don't get this issue when I have no drivers installed. Is it safe to say this is a software issue and not a hardware issue? I've been trying many different things to fix this, but haven't had any luck. Any help is appreciated.

• Graphics Card
        • XFX R9 390
      • Desktop
      • Operating System
        • Windows 10 64bit
      • Driver version installed
        • Currently none
      • Display Devices
        • 2 x ASUS VX238H
      • Motherboard
        • MSI Gaming Z170A GAMING M5
      • CPU