1 Reply Latest reply on May 30, 2016 11:43 AM by kingfish

Cannot install legacy Drivers correctly

piney

Hey,

After troubleshooting with Blizzard support in regards to getting Overwatch to detect my dedicated graphics card rather than integrated, they suggested I update my drivers to the final legacy driver for my product. However after downloading and installing Crimson, and the latest Catalyst directly, and also through the auto detect program during a second attempt, both times after completing the installation, I would be stuck in 800x600 resolution, and no programs would launch correctly. In this state, if I tried to run Catalyst, it would show an error message saying it could not detect any AMD drivers or that they were faulty. Crimson would repeatedly suggest downloading the latest Catalyst despite already having installed it both manually, and through Crimson. Both times I had to restore my computer to a previous point.

Is there something I'm missing for me to correctly install these drivers?

System information

HP Pavilion G6 2235TX notebook

Windows 7 64bit

4gb RAM

AMD Radeon 7670M (7600M series)

Driver version:  12.104.0.0

Intel HD Graphics 4000 integrated

Driver version: 8.933.3.3000

Intel core i7 3632QM 2.2Ghz

• Re: Cannot install legacy Drivers correctly
          kingfish

Update your laptop using Windows Update, especially the relevant Optional and Recommended updates, which will include .netframeworks and C++ upgrades. This must be done before attempting to install AMD graphics drivers.

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics must be the current version. Go to this Intel link, and  use the Intel Driver Update Utility to find the latest graphics driver for your laptop. Download and save it to your desktop.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Download these AMD drivers to your desktop... Legacy

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.****see below

****Computers with Intel processors select the entire package for uninstall. ....uninstall everything.

****Computers with AMD processors uninstall the AMD graphics driver only.

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

Reboot.

Note: All anti-malware/anti-virus/anti-anything should be disabled during driver installation.

Now install the Intel drivers first....reboot. And lastly the AMD drivers....reboot.

NOTICE: If you do not want raptr/gaming evolved installed with your new drivers, select 'custom install' and uncheck the box for "gaming Evolved".

Screenshot_2.png

If you are having issues with the normal installation of the Mobility drivers, use the clean install method , making sure you install the latest Intel drivers.

****Help others with similar issues.****

If this response was any help please mark it:

Helpful, Like, or Correct Answer

2 of 2 people found this helpful