5 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2016 2:54 PM by kingfish

Directx error after installing driver

nobodymemories

Hey everyone.

After i install the 15.11.1 beta driver or the 16.2.1 beta driver my laptop is unable to boot any game that requires directx 11 while having that game set to high performance in the ccc. The error I get says that 'the directx version required is not found. Please check your system requirements.'However, in dxdiag it states that my directx verison is 11.2. The game does however boot if the game is set to power saver in ccc which makes the game only run with the onboard gpu. This never happened to me while I was using 15.7.1 drivers. I have tried to do many things including checking windows update, checking if my net frameworks is out of date, using the directx web installer to see if directx has any missing files and I clean uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers but i still get the error.

My Laptop specs are :

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.160422-1850)

System Model: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC

Processor: AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon(tm) HD 8610G Graphics   (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz

BIOS: F.36

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Directx version: 11.2

Graphics Card: R7 m260 2gb vram

Note: Currently i reinstalled the 15.7.1 Drivers.

Im grateful for any help.

• Re: Directx error after installing driver
            nobodymemories

Hi, sorry for taking some time to reply and thanks for replying.

Kingfish I did what you told me to do and after i install the 16.2.1 beta drivers, I checked in device manager to see that my onboard gpu had updated whereas my r7 m260 had not. My r7 m260 would be in unkown hardware in the device manager and if I install over my 15.7.1 drivers then the r7 m260 would have my old drivers. How to fix this? Is it possible that my dedicated gpu doesnt support the drivers?

kingfish

No...with laptop APU's there is one driver version that is compatible with both your graphics solutions...integrated and discrete. When you say the m260 is in the Unknown hardware...is it also in the graphics/display section with the onboard graphics as well? Normally you delete the 'unknown hardware' and reboot your computer...see if it comes back.

AMD drivers are designed to work with the latest Windows10 public release versions...are you using the fast ring/beta version?

Did you follow the "clean install" recommendations step by step when removing the old drivers?

nobodymemories

Okay thanks for the clearing that for me. The m260 isn't under the display adapter section instead it is in its own section called 'other devices'.The driver I'm trying to install is the 16.2.1 beta release which i believe is the latest driver my laptop is gonna get. The 15.7.1 drivers however work perfectly. I have followed your 'clean install' recommendation twice yet the driver doesn't install in the m260. Also when right click then click raedon settings i receive an error " No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware". Also now the onboard gpu becomes disabled by windows after a period of time due to a 'malfunction' and then after a time period re-enabled. Note that the first time I tried to install the driver i was able to use raedon settings and the control center, however directx 11 required games couldn't boot. Now the discrete gpu doesn't even install the driver.