1 Reply Latest reply on May 28, 2016 10:43 AM by black_zion

Can't change display driver

kurap1ka

Hi,

My System:

- R9 Fury X

- Deskop

- Windows 10 x64

- Device Manager says driver is 16.150.2111.0 installed 14th of march this year.

- 3 Screens all Acer (Acer S271HL @ 144hz Freesync Displayport & Acer X243HQ + Acer XG270HU @ 60hz Active DP to DVI-D Adapter) (+ Oculus Rift, but that's currently disconnected)

- Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Extreme

- CPU: i7 4790k

- PSU: Corsair AX 760w

- 32gb RAM

Since a few versions I can't update the Display Drivers since everytime shortly after starting to install, all my screens disconnect/go black, my sound stops and nothing happens anymore. Even if I leave my system running like that for 20-30 minutes the drivers don't get installed. Now I got desperate at some point and tried deinstalling the current driver and all other hardware hoping to achieve something with a cleaner state, but the only change is that I now lost my radeon software but the installation also crashed during uninstall. So now I'm not even fully installed, I have no Idea if my Freesync works and can't change any settings, but I also can't reinstall AMD Settings since the installation keeps crashing.

I hope someone can help, since for me my only option I think I have right now is to reinstall Windows clean to get rid of whatever bugs around..

Thanks,