0 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2016 4:38 AM by voitek82

Drivers issues

voitek82

For all having issue with drivers - black screen on windows desktop load up- a ) plug and uplag cable (specially  if you are using Display port) b) remove and place back the card into mother board- only these two things works for me. BUT its not the case, this is what i wanted to say :

I own radeon r9 290 vapour x(on win 10 64bit) - master peace in my opinion - over performs many many, other higher level cards - in benchmarks, in practice, in low noise and i low  temps- i overcloced it performs even better. I own philips bdm4065 - 40" monitor- using display port  cable ( 1,2 certify) - this monitor does not support HDMI 2.0  :/ but its very hard to find anything  that size for a good price - i really dont understand people playing  4k on 24-28" monitors - thats why fror me this is monitor is the  only option - i could  possibly consider 34" but price is 2x i paid for my 40" -so no at the moment. 

I own asus maximus ranger 7 mother board - which offer everything i need(little oc) for a good price. But whats what really holds me down is THE SOFTWARE - drivers from AMD !!!

Cannot use it in 4K at 60Hz. What is wrong with the drivers that i cannot set 4k at 60hz but can do it at 30hz - i asked support, and saphire - but they cant answer - for them all is good, and its something wrong with my setup - which is not true. I used nvida card to see if i will have the same problem - but with nvidia i can chose 4k @ 60hz NO PROBLEM - and no problem on windows start up!!!!!!

For me chose is clear - but hard - i really found AMD CARDS powerfull and doing the job well - for resalable amount of money- but just ordered gtx 980  and will sell my radeon. I really tried  to void this but  amd LEves me with not other options.

The funnest part about newest drives is that they appear " GRAPHICS DRIVER IS NOT APPROVED" in 3DMARK software i use to check performance etc- is that a joke ?

Driver version16.200.1013.0                                  Driver statusNot FM Approved

But when i use old drivers

Driver version15.300.1025.0                                 Driver statusFM Approved

WHAT IS WRONG WITH AMD DRIVERS - AND WHEN will it get fixed - that i could use 60hz in 4k in my setup- like i do with NVIDIA gtx 970 ?