1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 20, 2016 7:00 PM by cablenexus

plays.tv amdxc64.dll error

cablenexus

Since last Crimson beta driver 16.5.3 when I choose to install AMD Gaming Envolved and Plays.tv as soon as the installation start it returns an amdxc64.dll error.

The debugger shows me that the the amdxc64.pdb file could not be loaded. I use a Windows 10 64 bit configuration with 8GB and an Intel Duo Core 2.66 processor with an AMD Radeon R7 2GB videocard.

In my Windows system32 folder the amdxc64.dll (file version 8.18.10.0125) was present and installed by AMD itself since I updated to version 16.5.3. But the amdxc64.pdb file was not matching that (not digitally signed) version so Plays.tv started to loop error messages. Since the error was returning after every start up I try to find a solution myself and I found another version (file version 8.18.10.0044) of the amdxc64.dll file and (after making a backup from the original file) overwrite that one. Since that moment the error is gone and I was able to install Plays.tv and AMD Gaming Envolved app.

I seriously can't believe that two of one of the biggest tech companies (AMD and Microsoft) release mismatched .dll and .pdb files to their customers in a bundled product offer and that I with my home entertainment user level have to find solutions in a debugger. I report it here to help you guys on this forum because you always do a good job, but I think seriously this is a big shame for both MS and AMD engineers.

• Re: plays.tv amdxc64.dll error
          cablenexus

If there is anyone with the same problem I finally found some support article on Raptr.

It seems that renaming two files in the Playstv and Raptr folders does the job:

In Event viewer, the application came up as an error, the two files Plays_ep64.exe and raptr_ep64.exe.

Files are in these locations

C:\Program Files (x86)\Raptr Inc\PlaysTV

C:\Program Files (x86)\Raptr Inc\Raptr

sample Event information

Faulting application name: raptr_ep64.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x571ff433

Faulting module name: amdxc64.dll, version: 8.18.10.123, time stamp: 0x573260c9

Exception code: 0xc000001d

Fault offset: 0x0000000000016f0e

Faulting process ID: 0x28e4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d1afce75f81032

Faulting application path: C:\PROGRA~2\RAPTRI~1\Raptr\raptr_ep64.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\amdxc64.dll

Report ID: f954ea04-b540-442a-80e7-939ed2dfe626

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I just renamed these two files to Plays_ep64.exeold and raptr_ep64.exeold, and started the rapt program again, now i get get no pop up.

I don't know if this is a fix or what the long term effect will be but I get no pop ups now and so far the programs seem to be running.

1 of 1 people found this helpful