AnsweredAssumed Answered

supplied parameter invalid

Question asked by dropkickplus on May 26, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 2, 2016 by amdpete

i'm running a AMD Radeon HD 5700 on a W7 desktop, currently rocking a driver chosen at random by windows ("AMD 760G", refuses to give any more information)

so this is just another step in a long and depressing saga of trying to update my display driver, which has taken me from a fully functional computer to drivers from 2009.

Hoping to play Overwatch, i decided to update my display drivers to their last legacy model. i downloaded both the beta 'crimson 16.2.1' and the last stable 'catalyst 15.7.1' off AMD's site and received the same error with both - supplied parameter invalid. there's only incomplete and unanswered results in forums about this, besides "make sure the last driver is uninstalled" - so i downloaded display driver uninstaller to see if i has somehow only partially deleted the previous ones. booted in safe mode, wiped the driver, booted normally, ran both programs again - supplied parameter is invalid.

so i downloaded the driver i had before this mess all began - '11.7'. it now gives me the same message, and windows has slapped a new driver onto it that isn't even radeon. All my games (league of legends, SF4/5, any steam game really) no longer function, and i can't seem to install any driver software in any way, shape, or form, because somewhere a 'supplied parameter is invalid'. To be completely honest, i don't even know what that means, and even if i did i'd be at a loss anyhow. any idea where to even begin here?

including dxdiag and msinfo for the morbidly curious, i guess whatever might help : x

Attachments

Outcomes