3 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2016 5:13 AM by fantomauz

Radeon HD 7970. Huge drop FPS after install 16.5.3

fantomauz

hello! I have Radeon HD 7970 directCU 2. After install crimson 16.5.3, i had huge drop fps (from 50-55fps to 4-8fps) at any game. Starting normally but after a few minutes beginning slideshow.. I was tried to roll back drivers, but it doesn't help. So i had return to 16.5.3 and keep finding solution to this problem. Pls help guys!

• Re: Radeon HD 7970. Huge drop FPS after install 16.5.3
          amdmatt

Please provide more information so we can help.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

In the meantime, try the steps below to see if it improves your performance. 

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.

5. Install the Crimson 16.5.1 drivers once the above is completed.

fantomauz

I found that it was! When i launch any game, process "java update sheduler" was loaded my GPU by 99% and virtual memory on 10000 mb, when i killed that process everything was fine. Seems like i got virus or something else at same time with installing newest crimson drivers. Jzz, I looked for two days a solution of this problem, i tried everything: anitvirus scan (Dr.Web, Kaspersky Avf), updated BIOS, install and set Msi afterburned (that will be awesome if someone can advice me how i can a little bit overdrive my GPU ), roll back drivers at 16.5.1 drivers and early versions, reinstall Netframework and Visual C++ but only at least guess watch in process and saw that Java gone mad.

- AMD Radeon HD 7970 DirectCU II

- Desktop system

- Windows 10 64bit

- Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.3

- DELL U2312HM, DVI-D 1920x1080 60ghz

- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H

- CPU QuadCore Intel Core i5-3550, 3700 MHz (37 x 100)

- Power Supply Corsair CX 750

- Ram Kingston HyperX KHX1866C9D3, 8GB

I can give you DxDiag file, if need it.

Hope it help someone.

Anyway thank you guys for operating answers!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              kingfish

What operating system?