11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2017 11:02 AM by kingfish

Fixed mode for Switchable GPU gone in Windows 10

eterion

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to find solution to this for weeks now and I can't seem to find anything reliable.

I have notebook HP ProBook 4530s with switchable gpu, originally with Windows 7, everything worked just fine. The main feature I want to mention was that I could manually switch between Intel and AMD gpus. I could just press button Low performance and it would use Intel gpu regardless of running application. Same for High performance, just press of a button and it's always using AMD gpu regardless of running applications. That was awesome so whenever I wanted to play some game, I could just manually determine which gpu will be used.

Here is the issue I have now. I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 (man, that was hell to install it), and of course Windows 10 decided what's best for me and installed newest drivers for my AMD system. Which is fine and all, but the manual switching option between Intel and AMD gpus is nowhere to be found in CCC (version 2015.1104.1643.30033). I simply can't determine which gpu I want to use at the moment.

I know there's the dynamic option based on running applications, but it's not really reliable. Sometimes the AMD gpu will be used, sometimes not, even if the application has assigned High performance option.

Is out there a driver that still supports the manual switchable gpu for Windows 10?

I'm looking for something like this (screen from HP support)

c03750716.jpg

HP Probook 4530s

Intel Core i5-2430M @ 2.40 GHz

Intel HD 3000

AMD Radeon HD 7400M

If anyone could help me with this, it would be awesome

Thanks