6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2016 5:26 PM by torro

witcher 3 crushes pc

torro

i have windows 7 home 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3,4 ghz processor, two radeon saphire 6950 s crossfire connected and 1600w power supply. when i run witcher 3 my pc crushes in less than an hour,(sometimes to blue screen and lots of times just restarts) i thought it was cooling or power supply problem so i replaced antec 750w with evga 1600w and put 3 more fans placed to cool chip and gpu's  but problem still happens. i get an error message: A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. there is no solution offered by windows and amd has nonexistent support. I checked all the drivers and they are good. please help, i would appreciate any suggestions. thank you.  here is the error message in details:

A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

BCCode: 117

BCP1: FFFFFA8012B62010

BCP2: FFFFF880042D3C9C

BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: 0000000000000000

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 768_1

Bucket ID: X64_0x117_Tdr:2_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys

Server information: f191f050-5357-4e74-9001-b245f13c8df3

• Re: witcher 3 crushes pc
          amdmatt

Please provide more information so we can help.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

torro

Dear amdmatt, thank you very much for your response  I will give you detailed info about my system according the requirements, although I already wrote about it in my initial post's first paragraph.

I have two crossfired amd radeon sapphires 6950's 256 bit 2gigs of memory

it's a desktop which has no brand I put it together few years ago

windows 7 home premium 64 bit

display driver  version 15.200.1062.0

motherboard  asus m4a89gtd pro usb3

cpu  amd phenom(tm) II X6 1100 T  3,4 ghz processor

power supply evga supernova 1600 g2 gold

ram 4x4g ripjaws1333 16 gigs

Now, when i run witcher 3  wild hunt, my pc crushes in less than an hour,(sometimes to blue screen and lots of times just restarts) i thought it was cooling or power supply problem so i replaced antec 750w with evga 1600w and put 3 more fans placed to cool chip and gpu's  but problem still happens. i get an error message: A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. there is no solution offered by windows and amd has nonexistent support. I checked all the drivers and they are good.

I feel there must be something really small and stupid that prevents pc work correctly, could be some windows update or a patch that crushes them when system is pushed to significant level of performance and witcher 3 does require lots of resourses.  I run the game at 1920x1080 resolution with 30 frames per second but there is an option to run it at lower resolution  and 60 frames per second too. For the  detailed error message description please see my original post.

Thank you in advance for your help.

amdmatt

Please try the steps below to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.

5. Install the latest Crimson 16.2.1 drivers once the above is completed.

sandrino

Super cool PSU you have though, that 1600w is extremly high.

torro

thank you buddy, I started putting this pc together few years ago and I think I maxed out by now for upgrades that current motherboard and bios let me do. I never had any problems with any games before till I got wicher 3 wild hunt.  that's why I'm here and require some help to get me towards right direction because amd support is nonexistent.