0 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2016 6:05 PM by spagheddie

Am I missing important drivers or does my computer run badly?

spagheddie

I recently bought Overwatch and the settings I have to play at are the lowest possible ones, with my resolution even going all the way to the lowest one so my screen is literally just a blur of characters and the map around me. I thought at first that the game was just really intense, but today when my friend played Overwatch on his laptop WITHOUT a GPU, it did as well as mine on the same settings. I do get a "It is recommended to upgrade your drivers" pop-up when I begin the game, but that's also where the problem lies as well.

I have a Windows 8.1 64 bit HP Envy 15t laptop with AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon HD Graphics CPU and 768MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 8650G + HD 8600/8700M Dual Graphics (HP) 2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M (ALL TAKEN FROM SPECCSY). After noticing that the game recommended I upgrade my drivers, I went to the Radeon Settings and found an upgrade. However, when I did choose to upgrade through the application it kept saying something along the lines of the graphics card not being compatible with the update, but if I really wanted to I could continue on. So I used DDU to uninstall my current drivers, which were like version 15.12 and then I went on the website and found the newest version of the AMD drivers and downloaded it. One stupid thing was that I knew there was a chance I could be picking the wrong drivers, but when I clicked the only option on Radeon Settings to look at the Released Notes for the updated driver, it sent me to an unavailable page so I never knew which one was exactly the driver I was supposed to update to but I still went ahead and found one.

Once I found the driver, here I downloaded it and installed it. Midway through installation it crashed my computer and I was forced to go into safe mode once again. So I went into safe mode and DDU'd the new version and now I'm forced to reinstall the 15.12 version because only this will let me back on my computer.

Did I just get ripped off when buying this laptop and just need to deal with the horrible game FPS or is there something I should be doing or I'm getting wrong? Thank you in advance!