5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2016 2:00 AM by samloprenzo

Xfx Radeon R9 390 - atikmdag.sys / bluescreen - dump file - crimson 16.5.2.1

xcr

Hello yesterday i got this bluescreen i was just gonna start a youtube video in chrome suddenly i got bluescreen.

I have a Xfx Radeon R9 390 - R9-390P-8DF6

Windows 10 64 pro

I used ddu in safemode and cleaned the drivers after uninstalling then i installed the new ones.

I would be glad if this gets solved asap and or how to fix this. Comon amd i had similar issues with my 280X fix this already its getting very frutstrating yes i use overdrive with the default values used by this card.

Help!

On Sun 2016-05-22 20:28:10 GMT your computer crashed
      crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\052216-11593-01.dmp
      This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0x1D08C4)
      Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC000001D, 0xFFFFF801AFE708C4, 0xFFFFD0003C2C4FA8, 0xFFFFD0003C2C47C0)
      Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
      file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys
      product: ATI Radeon Family
      company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
      description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
      Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
      This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
      A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).

Reggards !

• Re: Xfx Radeon R9 390 - atikmdag.sys / bluescreen - dump file - crimson 16.5.2.1
          amdmatt

Thanks for the post. If the issue happens again, please try disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome to see if that has any effect on the BSOD.

• Re: Xfx Radeon R9 390 - atikmdag.sys / bluescreen - dump file - crimson 16.5.2.1
              xcr

Sure i will try that if it happends again.

I just got my card recently so i cant tell if this is a thing that happen rarely or not.

On my 280X this usually happend in regard of the drivers, temp being 35-30 °C and under in idle, started causing flickering and that flickering contributed in som way to the same issue on youtube / flash players caused artifacts on the whole screen, on this 390 i have no clue what is making it doing that since i dont see any flickering yet atleast and its the same thing in "idle" and temps being 40+ °C

amdmatt you didnt say are you guys gonna fix the above bsod i reported or what is up with that you seem to always dodge stuff regarding thoese specific issues with atikmdag.sys saying "try this and that" you guys never say we are working on solving the issues or any info related to it other then do this workaround.

I can tell you this its not something new that recently just came up this have been there for a very long time on many cards so certainly something is up with the drivers you guys are providing, without the drivers on both my cards i can tell you this it never happends.

I wonder do you guys have some hidden agenda in not fixing stuff like this, plenty of people have reported similar issues with atikmdag.sys yet you guys doesnt seem to care for whatever reasons, just by searching atikmdag.sys i can see vast majority have gotten these kind of problems unresolved.

Maybe i should start to use modded drivers, do you realize how sad it is when you start to lose your trust in official devs / drivers?

cken23

i have had this problem for a while and i got 2 xfx r9 390s great cards but the drivers are killing this card. "FLICKERING AND HORRIBLE BLACK SCREENS" im getting all that and have been since crimson came out. I use a club 3d display port 1.2 to hdmi 2.0 i heard its a problem with amd to use a Display port with windows 10. Im starting to regret buying 2 xfx r9 390s..... even the crossfire support sucks with the new games so what gives......