4 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2016 7:08 AM by iainob1

clocks still downclocking in windowed fullscreen or windowed mode.

iainob1

Another problem with the r9 295x2 along with all the others.

The clocks still down clock when using windowed mode or fullscreen windowed. clocks will fluctuate all the time even with v-sync off dropping down to 2d states.

Power settings always at full.

ULPS off.

Clocks should not downclock when gaming at all.

We need a fully working driver for the r9 295x2. Nothing works as it should in windows 10.

The r9 295x2 does not have power saving settings to change before anyone asks. Along with no crossfire settings in global.

• Re: clocks still downclocking in windowed fullscreen or windowed mode.
          iainob1

It looks like it is the default and disable crossfire settings that have the problems on the r9 295x2

If you use AFR crossfire setting the clocks stay at full. Put it back to default or disabled and the clocks fluctuate in fullscreen. I am going to test some dx 9 games too with the AFR setting as see if they also act differently.

All of these problems have to stem from crossfire and how the drivers are dealing with it, especially on the r9 295x2 with it being a dual card in one.

amdmatt

I will update you on my findings once my 295x2 arrives.

iainob1

Have you managed to test the r9 295x2 yet?

DX 9 in latest drivers still has bad stuttering and hitching poor gpu usage spikes.

Crossfire now disables in dx 9 games but now the core clocks are back to downclocking and fluctuating when crossfire is disabled.

This happens in all dx versions now. Also when using windowed mode and fullscreen boarderless mode. Even in the heaven benchmark dx 11 when in windowed mode the clocks constantly drop and fluctuate. This still hasnt been sorted out and  seems to creep back into drivers.

Please test skyrim you will see the stutters and hitches. It may seem smooth when you first join the game but as soon as you move forward a few yards it will start doing it. This was not there in previous Windows and is not there testing my nvidia card. It actually freezes and then jumps forward. The more you explore the worse it gets. There is not a single driver that shows proper dx 9 performance and stability.

ULPS is always off and power settings are at 50% my max. Frametimes in dx 9 games are always higher than other dx versions.