0 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2016 8:42 AM by roncam

Is it possible to INCREASE video latency to regain sync with delayed audio?

roncam

Searching on the term 'latency' only shows posts from users who want to decrease this parameter.

Problem: poor audio-video sync, when viewing streaming flash videos on a variety of web sites, due to delay in audio processing time.

The problem disappears when the multi-band, system-wide audio equalizer (PulseAudio Equalizer) is bypassed.

Otherwise, this equalizer works extremely well, so I'd like to retain its functionality.

The only solution I can think of would be to introduce a similar delay in the video (0.5sec, or a bit less, would be enough).  Can increasing the frame-buffer size do this?

It would be nice if this could be switchable, as I normally don't need a video delay, for other computer functions.

If the problem was when playing a video file, then I'd open it in VLC, where there's setting to correct this problem.  Can the right video driver provide a similar functionality?

? Is this possible, and after reading the problem, can anyone offer a better solution?

System Info:

• Graphics card: Radeon HD5450
      • Current driver: xserver-xorg-video-ati (open source) v.1:7.3.0-1ubuntu3.1, X.OrgX server -- AMD/ATI display driver wrapper
      • Alternative driver, listed in Driver Manager: fglrx v.2:15.201-Oubuntu0.14.04.1, Video driver for AMD graphics accelerators
      • Audio/video set-up:
      • I'm using the analog audio output built-into the motherboard, to feed a pair of amplified loudspeakers.
      • The onboard video output is disabled and the monitor is fed from the VGA output on the graphics card.