1 Reply Latest reply on May 23, 2016 6:24 AM by amdmatt

Doubts about which driver to install

silver

Dear people, I have a great confusion when deciding what driver to install in my notebook. It is an HP Pavilion 14-V009LA (F4J26LA) that has an A10-5745M with Radeon HD 8610G and a Radeon R7 M260. Recently I've been having unstability issues and the pc crashes, more or less frecuently, because of the graphic driver, so I thought to update them. When I check AMD driver page, and look for the drivers for the A10 with HD8610G I get only legacy support drivers, but when I look for the R7 M260 there are up to date drivers. This, for me who isn't very savvy in GPU settings, confuses me to no end. What should I install?

• Re: Doubts about which driver to install
          amdmatt

Unfortunately, you can only install ONE version of the display drivers at any point in time. You cannot have one driver version for the integrated GPU and a different one for the discrete GPU.

Your integrated GPU of your APU has reached peak optimisation and been moved to legacy status, it will not receive any further driver updates. More information available here.

You can download the latest Crimson 16.2.1 driver here.

You can download the last Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta driver here.

2 of 2 people found this helpful