2 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2016 2:07 PM by wrap50

Constant Driver Problems is unacceptable

You know what? I am incredibly fed up with your lack of ingenuity AMD.

I have invested a lot of money into your hardware but always seem to be left short changed and plagued with conflictions and driver malfunctions.

What should be an enjoyable experience turns out to be a mammoth pain in the back side.. and it is all down to your hardware and software..

I paid good money for you "flag ship" 7990 dual gpu card, around £700 - £1000 and guess what ZERO support..most games didn't know what the hell it was and jesus, it took nearly 8 months after release to get the drivers right for it, by that time I had sold the damn card to some one who wanted to bit mine!

I later made the mistake of purchasing the R9 295x2 at no small price and although by then you had just about managed to get your drivers working to at least play battlefield without a hick up, everytime you updated crimson it threw something else out.

right now if I want to play The Division with out developing epilepsy I have to downgrade my crimson software to 15.11, which and this is laughably reduces fluidity on battlefield 4..

I am sick and tire of your inconsistencies, you never get it right and my experience of gaming on the PC is not a happy one and I have to put this down to AMD hardware and software.

My question is this... Are AMD ever going to get their act together and if not sometime soon, is it not a good idea to go to a product that doesn't seem to have as much issues, IE NVIDIA,

I am sure I am not the only person out there that thinks your sucking right now....and have been for a long time.

When is there going to be a driver that deals with all games without a hitch...to be honest PS4 gives better gaming experience due to the fact that they use NVIDIA now doubt.

if there is no definitive on a driver release that looks after the hardware that gamers like myself are prepared to spend £1500 a go on then let me know. I can sell this garbage and move on,

because it looks like the best thing anyone can do is switch to NVDIA at the moment because AMD seem to have their heads in the sand.

Win 10 pro 64bit

MSI Z97 Mpower MBOARD

Intel 4770k @4.6 overC

Corsair 16GB (2x 8GB) PC2400 CL11 Vengeance Pro 8GBx2

MSI Radeon R9 295 X2 8192MB

x3 Crucial SSD 240GB

Corsair H100i WaterCooling

• Re: Constant Driver Problems is unacceptable
          squ1nty

Right.

wrap50 wrote:

You know what? I am incredibly fed up with your lack of ingenuity AMD.

I have invested a lot of money into your hardware but always seem to be left short changed and plagued with conflictions and driver malfunctions.

What should be an enjoyable experience turns out to be a mammoth pain in the back side.. and it is all down to your hardware and software..

I paid good money for you "flag ship" 7990 dual gpu card, around £700 - £1000 and guess what ZERO support..most games didn't know what the hell it was and jesus, it took nearly 8 months after release to get the drivers right for it, by that time I had sold the damn card to some one who wanted to bit mine!

Yep, me too. It's getting way better though. I have next to 0 issues with my 390 crossfire configuration. Some games don't support crossfire, but those that do support it well. Games that don't, generally don't need it.

I later made the mistake of purchasing the R9 295x2 at no small price and although by then you had just about managed to get your drivers working to at least play battlefield without a hick up, everytime you updated crimson it threw something else out.

right now if I want to play The Division with out developing epilepsy I have to downgrade my crimson software to 15.11, which and this is laughably reduces fluidity on battlefield 4..

That card is two 290 GPUs on one card. Basically two 290s in crossfire. So, similar to my configuration. I don't know why you think you need to downgrade your drivers, all you need to do is make a profile in crimson and point it to thedivision.exe and switch off crossfire. This isn't an AMD issue (Nvidia cards have the same problem) but Ubisoft's, the game simply isn't coded for multi-GPU configurations. God knows how they expect people to play that game at 4K ultra settings...

My question is this... Are AMD ever going to get their act together and if not sometime soon, is it not a good idea to go to a product that doesn't seem to have as much issues, IE NVIDIA,

I am sure I am not the only person out there that thinks your sucking right now....and have been for a long time.

I'd like to think so. AMD have turned a corner lately, they certinaly need better developers.

When is there going to be a driver that deals with all games without a hitch...to be honest PS4 gives better gaming experience due to the fact that they use NVIDIA now doubt.

The PS4 uses an AMD CPU and GPU combination, not sure where you read that it had a Nvidia chip, none of the big three consoles have nvidia chips.

Hope you get your issues resolved soon.

• Re: Constant Driver Problems is unacceptable

just a quick note with regards to the making of a profile in crimson and crossfire issues...

Trust me, I have tried every which way to make everything run smooth, I have tried literally every single driver from the latest to the oldest ( the newest being the worst ) and have just found that to get The division working perfectly and everything else is to uninstall all amd drivers through programs and features, delete the AMD folder, remove all from the registry, restart and simply hit update and let windows install the driver for me ( Win 10 pro ) funny thing is I now have no crimson control centre on right clicking desktop but you know what? if all the games run smooth then I can live without it. God knows what driver it installed but it works fine.

Thanks for your reply buddy.