1 Reply Latest reply on May 20, 2016 8:52 AM by brianvd2

ASUS Strix r9 390 8GB Gaming Battlefield 4 fps problem

flembem

Hy all,

I recently bought an upgrade to my much loved Asus HD6950, and my card of choice was the

ASUS Strix R9 390 8Gb OC-gaming edition. Enough power, enough Vram, fast gpu/mem, you know the specs probably..

Now before I had a very nice time playing Battlefield 4, on mostly Ultra settings I don't know the exact settings, without much problems.

Now I thought with this new card, and the fact that BF4 is an "AMD" game, I could have a glorious time, but that wasn't the case at all.

I didn't change any setting with my new card, but I get this lag-feeling when just walking around. It's like I'm stuck in glue or something.

Also tearing/stuttering, which won't go away when en-or disabling V-sync..

I'm out of options..It's a brutal monster card, but can't even play an "old" game like BF4, I must be doing something wrong, right?

My specs:

AMD Phenom X6 1090T(3.6GHz)

EVGA Supernova 750G2

Corsair Vengeance 16gb RAM

gigabyte-ga-890fxa-ud5

Can someone please tell me if they experience the same? And maybe what the settings are in the

AMD crimson driver panel for BF4(I run the newest steady version, can't check from where I am now)..and the in-game settings.

I tried almost everything but still can't get steady fps..it fluctuates from 90to40to110to30to60...just when looking around..

Also, anyone who can tell me what an average fps would be on such a system?

Or could it be due to the fact I changed my monitor from 60Hz to 144Hz?

I think that's the only thing I didn't change, now that I think of it..

Any help or recommendation is welcome!

Greetings, J.

• Re: ASUS Strix r9 390 8GB Gaming Battlefield 4 fps problem
          brianvd2

hey, Can you install MSI Afterburner and have it opened when you play battlefield 4. After a couple of minutes when you experience the lagg-isch problems you can alt+tab out of the game and have a look at the diagrams shown in msi afterburner of your gpu usage, gpu clock, and cpu usage. Maybe you can post a picture of those diagrams so we can have a look whats going on and what causes these lagg spikes. Your system may be older but bf4 is a well optimzed game which should use it to full potential.