4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2016 11:15 AM by illbepirateking

black screen during installation radeon crimson software 16.5.1

archz2

I have Lenovo G500 59-370339 laptop with , Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU, 8GB RAM, 2GB ATI Radeon 8570 graphics card. I also have integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 on this machine. I am running Windows 8.1 - 64 bit on this laptop.

I recently tried to upgrade to AMD crimson software 16.5.1. during installation, after a minute or so my screen turned black and only mouse cursor was visible that too was flickering. I waiated for 20 minutes approximately, and after the situation remained stuck like that, I  forced shut down my laptop and rebooted. After the login welcome screen, my screen remained black with mouse cursor that appears and disappears while moving.

Now I have restored my system to an earlier state but I still want to update to 16.5.1 version. What should I do? I also tried installation of updated crimson software again but failed after having the same problem.

I also searched for updated graphics drivers for intel via device manager but it said that my drivers are up to date.