3 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2016 6:37 PM by techguy

Welche Arbeitsspeicher Frequenz unterstützt mein FX-9590? Auch 2400Mhz?

bennestar

Hallo Zusammen,

ich habe mir nun neue DDR3 Riegel geholt und zwar 16GB mit 2400Mhz, jedoch freezt mein PC sobald ich im BIOS auf 2400Mhz stelle; ich kann die RAM nur stabil auf 1333Mhz laufen lassen.

Liegt es daran das der Speicherkontroller von meiner CPU nicht damit klar kommt ? (obwohl PC Gameshardware es so schreibt, das der FX-9590 mit 2400 ab Werk läuft)

Danke für die Hilfe

Benne

• Re: Welche Arbeitsspeicher Frequenz unterstützt mein FX-9590? Auch 2400Mhz?
          brianvd2

hallo Benne,

What motherboard are you running, as I understand Correctly you have 2400mhz memmory installed. But your pc crashes as soon as you try to boot with your memory settings at 2400mhz, running on 1333 will result in a correct boot? Maybe you can try and see if running your memory at 1866 and after that 2100 will result in a correct boot and stable performance.

bennestar

Hi Brian,

My Motherboard is the "ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0".

Yeah right and I also tried 1866 and 2133Mhz but in both ways, my PC dont started.

I dont know why and what I should du now ..

techguy

Have you tried booting at 1333 MHz. DRAM frequency then going into the BIOS and manually setting the DRAM timings as listed on the DRAM package or DIMMs themselves, then saving the changes and rebooting your PC? If the DRAM you bought was not a kit but instead individual DIMMs, you will likely need to use slower timings and possibly lower frequency for the DIMMs to work without errors. You may also need a BIOS update to obtain stable performance with newer DIMMs. You should contact your mobo maker Tech Support for assistance if the above suggestions do not help.

It' worth noting that test with real applications show that there is no tangible system performance gains on a desktop CPU powered PC with DDR3 DRAM running at frequencies above ~1600 MHz. because DRAM running at 1600 MHz. is not a system bottleneck as older DDR and DDR2 were. Faster DIMM latencies also do not produce any tangible increase in system performance precisely because DDR3 running at 1600 or faster MHz. is not a system bottleneck so the only gains are the minute nanosecond difference between 1600 MHz. and whatever frequency you are running your DRAM at.