2 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2016 4:08 PM by silentwarrior

DVI and HDMI fine alone, tearing while together?

silentwarrior

I noticed someone seemed to have a similar issue a year ago, but it didn't feel right necroing that thread...

So: I have a R9 270 (I think), and a DVI/DP/VGA monitor (using DVI - Samsung SyncMaster SA650). All fine so far, picture's great and steady. Then I figured I'd use HDMI for sound output, connecting that to a receiver while still using DVI for my monitor. With the HDMI cable connected, now all of a sudden the DVI video shows a lot of tearing, and possibly very uneven rendering times. What gives? Is this a known issue? Is there a known workaround?

I haven't gamed with this setup a lot, but I don't think the tearing is as pronounced for the HDMI video (receiver's video output connected to a TV)...

• Re: DVI and HDMI fine alone, tearing while together?
          demias

Oh, I'm glad I'm not alone in having this issue. I have a DVI and HDMI setup too, and I also seem to be getting tearing/monitor waves. It's not even video game related, I'll get it when I starting up video files as well. It very well might be one of the latest driver updates, I'll roll back here shortly and will report back with my results.

Update: After going from 16.5.2.1 to 16.5.2, rolling back to 16.4.2 seems to have fixed it for me.

1 of 1 people found this helpful