6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2016 2:14 PM by maxhardy

black screen after window logo after install driver Radeon HD 6800

jason896

System: Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor 3.20GHz

Motherboard: MSI MS-7715

Display: Amd Radeon HD 6800 series

Display driver: Catalyst 15.7.1

Few weeks ago, i was playing 'world of warships'. The game suddenly crashed and became black screen. I restarted the PC and showed the black screen with nothing after window logo. I was able to enter safe mode. After I deleted the display driver, I could enter the window normally. If I installed the driver again, it showed me the black screen again. I tried to reinstall display driver, restore to earlier recovery point, reinstall window 7, change a new hard disk, but the problem is still the same. Please help.

• Re: black screen after window logo after install driver Radeon HD 6800
          amdmatt

The HD6xxx series has reached peak optimisation and been moved to legacy status, there will not be any further driver updates for your product. More information available here.

I would recommend trying a clean installation of the latest drivers. Before updating to either of the drivers below, please ensure Windows is fully up to date.

I would recommend using DDU to sweep your system of AMD drivers before proceeding.

The latest Crimson driver for your system is 16.2.1 and is available here.

The last Catalyst driver for your system is 15.11.1 Beta and is available here.

• Re: black screen after window logo after install driver Radeon HD 6800
            maxhardy

My laptop intel i5 not switchable + amd radeon hd 7650m  2GB GPU i update Crimson then issue

started black screen on windows logon. then i clean the hard-disk ,installed new OS windows 8,8.1,10

when i try install any official stock catalyst or crimson ,DDU,amdcleaneruntlity,registry cleaner.

while installing display driver issue with black screen crash and some time mouse is showing flickering .....

i try many driver version not able install stuck or freezing..after only way hard shutdown

then i try uninstall amd display driver on safe mode then it able to login normal with Basic display adapter.

now unable to install any amd display driver for GPU it useless...

i have no found any solution in forums .

finally i find the fix for my laptop  Amd HD 7650M 2GB + i5 intel

a.black screen issue when logon and b.installation black screen

1st try with hdmi / vga connected second monitor then try to install  or try to turn on laptop still issue persists

it a hardware failure gpu dead.try below step it worked for me.

1. need "air heat gun" and "heat thermal paste".

2. disassemble laptop fully.

3.remove heat sink with fan from motherboard clean the fan dust if your have and now able to find chip process and AMD  Gpu in laptop.

4.read the chip which one is GPU and take "air heat gun" blow up-to 5 to 10 min then wait to cool 30 min don't touch chip.

5.put the thermal paste on both intel proccess + amd gpu chip place the heat sink carefully.and assemble your laptop

6. turn on  install any catalyst driver .i have install 15.11 catalyst  (don't install crimson driver it burn your GPU)

and enjoy

it working fine for me...

this very risk i have sony laptop the company is closed . i have no choice to service. i done by myself.

it help someone keep try any dead gpu and black screen issue